Winner of the Ambient Music Contest

Congratulations to everyone that joined the Ambient Music Contest, you are all winners because you evolved our skills and experience as composers! :slight_smile:

Choose your 3 to 5 Favorites below - Then Click Vote
(I will close the voting/poll on Sunday, 6th October 2019)

• Jaap Visser - Enchanted Night
  • David Olofson - Purple Waves
  • Phil Jones - Beneath the Tidal flow
  • Florent - Nebulae
  • Adrian Earnshaw - Under the Stars
  • David Olofson - The Captain
  • Ben Beard - Fields of joy
  • Fran Luke - Secret Cove 1
  • Klaus Ferretti - The Curse II
  • Axel Reiner Sonnenschein - Sands
  • Alexey Pavlov - Coming Home
  • Florent - Land of nagrand

0 voters

Jaap Visser - Enchanted Night

David Olofson - Purple Waves

Phil Jones - Beneath the Tidal flow

Florent - Nebulae

Adrian Earnshaw - Under the Stars

David Olofson - The Captain

Ben Beard - Fields of joy

Fran Luke - Secret Cove 1

Klaus Ferretti - The Curse II

Axel Reiner Sonnenschein - Sands

Alexey Pavlov - Coming Home

Florent - Land of nagrand

PS. These were all the entries from members that earned at least 10 hearts in the community during the month which was one of the requirements of this contest. But I strongly recommend you all to listen to the rest of the entries, and share your thoughts and feedback in those threads here:

https://forum.professionalcomposers.com/c/contests-for-composers/ambient-music-contest-oct-2019

2 Likes

I think there’s been a copy-paste glitch with the links here… At first, I thought it was a weird coincidence that several entries had somehow picked the exact same artwork. :smiley:

Lol thanks David, copy paste redo! :stuck_out_tongue:

I enjoyed hearing everyone’s entries. I had every intent to have an entry, but it didn’t work out.

2 Likes

thanks a lot Mikael for the live
we have heard a lot of great composition with the chat of composer and your feedback and advice
thanks a lot
let’s go for the next contest :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Joseph, I’m sure you will find time to join the next one, or at least one of the upcoming ones. I will announce the November Challenge tomorrow. :slight_smile:

I really loved your Nagrand track Florent. Very rich blending of sound colors with soft sounds! :slight_smile:

Yes, next one will be a new theme…still a secret, will announce it tomorrow! :wink:

2 Likes

thank you so much mikael
i ll can give you all the details of what i have used in this track if you want

Thanks for the kind words on my track Mikael. May look into the vocals at some point although I am terrible at writing them :rofl: All the entries are of high quality, well done to all.

3 Likes

I too did not have the time to get one in I am in the process of learning music and composing
and very new to ambient sounds scapes

The problem for me was I know we are supposed to keep to certain rules in ambient sounds scape a lot of them sounding really good in their own right :wink:

1 Like

I think it’s interesting how diverse these tracks are - it shows how wider genre ambient can be.

Think I set myself a difficult task in limiting myself to using one sample and doing sound design but pretty pleased with the end result.

Some amazing entries- wish I could do tracks to that level - feel like I’ve barely started to learn especially composition and orchestration.

Thanks everyone for some amazing inspiring music

4 Likes

Congratulations to everyone that entered this contest, you are all winners from making music and evolving your composer skills! :smiley:

The voting is closed, and there are 2 entries that got the same amount of votes. I don’t want to flip a coin, so I used my internal admin statistics and decided to let the member with the most hearts earned this month be the deciding factor. And the winner is…

1st place winner: Jaap Visser @JaapVisser
You will get Output Movement - Amazing FX Plugin for Depth/Movement
You will also get one of my courses . I will PM you regarding your prizes. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

congratulation Jaap
hope you can join the next contest

2 Likes

Wow… thanks people and didn’t expected that! Voted for Ben as I really loved his track!

3 Likes

Congratulations :tada::champagne::confetti_ball: Jaap very nice piece you created

1 Like

Congratulations @JaapVisser! You and Ben did an amazing job! Very well done! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congratualations Jaap. Really good track - really great composition.

2 Likes

Congrats jaap :slight_smile: well deserved mate, enjoyed your track! . Thanks for your vote, I’m just chuffed I made it to top two again :slight_smile: helps boost me on to keep creating.

3 Likes