What Little-Known Composer or Soundtrack do You Love?

Hi all,
Curious to hear about a particular composer or soundtrack that isn’t well-known, seemingly like no one else knows about, but there is just something about the music that you really love.

For me, there are three soundtracks that I randomly bought at a convention years ago that I now cherish because the music always make me feel happy for what ever reason;

1. Bakuretsu Tenshi aka Burst Angel, which is an older anime that has a cool instrumental rock style soundtrack, like a modern Ventures surf-rock.

2. Shakugan no Shana. Another older anime with a both dark and lighter, but cheesy orchestral soundtrack. There’s also some fun, light-hearted Celtic style music.

3. Alice Order. A little know video game with some simple but fun Sci-fi cinematic orchestral music.

I have found a composer on YouTube who writes epic music and is not very well known. His name is Peter Roe. His from Finland. He has many great songs but the first I heard was Selene. Lovely composition.
Here is a link if that’s OK to share.

There are of course many out there.

3 Likes

That’s a really cool track Fredrik. I may have to check out more of his work. Thanks!

1 Like

I like David Bedford. I find Star’s End pure genius.

I am guessing that the title came from the Foundation books by Asimov

“All roads lead to Trantor, and that is where all stars end”.

Michael Oldfield plays guitar. I first heard this in a record store, probably in Berkeley California. Here is more information if you are interested. Amazon.com

2 Likes

I love the soundtrack of the Finnish movie The Snow Queen (1986) by Jukka Linkola. There are lots of excellent songs on it. My brother’s best friend also played one of the leading roles in the movie as a kid.

1 Like