What kind of Exercise (fitness) do you do?

Fredrik
I don’t have a any weights at home or room in my very small apartment

what can I use at home for military press and deadlift for the back.
sqauts I try to do every hour 2 sets of 12 ?

The simplest, cheapest things I can think of would be to find a couple of stones.

1 Like

Interesting and important topic! I noticed, if I don’t do any exercises, I easily get tired faster, and lose freshness and mental focus. So, while working in the studio, in recent time I practice stretching every 20-30 minutes. I still need to get used to it (I forget it easily). Otherwise, I practice daily walk (morning and evening), sometimes jogging, push-ups, and sometimes five Tibetans.

1 Like

I agree Anto, and I have realized also this is way more important than I first thought. I must say that after I began doing some simple strength training at home, even just 20 minutes 3 times a week, it has made a big difference for me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If the apartment is the only place one have time to exercise at I would recommend the following tools:
Dumbell
Barbells
Kettlebell
Rubberbands(buy a little more expensive with good resistance)
Gymnastic rings

I’m not a fan of machines but if I were to recommend one it’s a rowing machine. Preferably Concept 2

1 Like

How would I use gymnastic rings in apartment sorry am I missing something I understand about the barbells actually I’ve got a 5 pound barbell to two of them I did get some resistant bands they have some resistance to them my lower back hurts but I’m trying to do push-ups and planks will that help my lower back?

You can do many regular things like push ups, muscle ups, chins, dips etc. But they will be a little bit harder to do and train the balance to. Problem might be a place to hang them.

Yeah we are not allowed to hang or put holes in walls which is why this makes it hard

I can try dips
I am been trying to do dips exercise leaning up against kitchen countertop in apartment that about what we have our chairs are not strong enough
and I am 50 years old at 6’ and 250 lbs
so I have to be very careful
I am losing weight just very slowly

1 Like

Remember all training is good for your body.
And composing is good for your mind.
I hope your back gets better.

1 Like

The quality of exercise must be dependent on how you play the game, but you can only play the game in a way that suits your fitness or physicality, or ability. A lot of older, less fit players don’t move around as much and, depending on their skill level, tend to push and block, but they can sweat and increase their heart rate almost as much as a younger, fitter player.

After the pandemic Playing ping pong for fitness became my hobby. After playing it for a year or so, my cholesterol level goes down. I arranged a complete setup of this table in my garage.
I have to note that even though I have an injury that restricts my movement, the more I play ping pong the more I move around without even realizing it.

Personally, I like to mix it up with some cardio and strength training. I’ll hit the gym a few times a week and do some running or cycling, and then on my off days, I’ll do some bodyweight exercises at home. It’s all about finding what works for you and your schedule.
And speaking of working out at home, have you considered getting a punching bag? I know it might sound crazy if you’re in an apartment or a small space, but there are actually some great quiet punching bags out there that won’t disturb your neighbors. Anyway, the most important thing is to just keep moving and stay consistent with your workouts.

I enjoy cycling as my main form of exercise. I find it to be a great cardiovascular workout that also strengthens my leg muscles and core. My fav bike Tommaso https://www.bikethesites.com/gravel-bikes-for-women/ I love the feeling of the wind in my hair and the rush of endorphins as I pedal away. Plus, cycling does not affect the joints so much, so I hope I will be able to ride it for many years to come.