What Do You Struggle Most In Mixing?

About mixing, almost everything. I write just some little orchestral parts in my songs but they can be quite crowded. I guess is because I don’t really know much about orchestration and I would like to learn more about it. If there is a guide out there on how to mix orchestral virtual instruments, I would be happy to stick to it.

1 Like

Hello @Fab!

Sure, I write your idea down and will create a cheat on how to improve your orchestral tracks. Let me tell you that there are absolutely no secrets out there, which you can buy or whatsoever! The real secret, which is not a real secret is: you just need to learn step by step, starting small, but more importantly use the right information, which is not always the case I see throughout the internet. My first free content give-away will be called: 10 Golden Rules To Become A Better Music Producer. As soon as I am finished, I will share it here, so everyone can have access to it! A lot of this information is about building the right mindset and understand what is important for you and what is just another time waster! I see a lot of people don’t progress as they would like and one of the reasons is due to the fact they are told the wrong things or things which are not priority when you first starting out. As I had the opportunity to see and do it all by myself the last decade through schools, youtube, masterclasses, books, blogs, etc., I feel like people who are passionate about what they do, need to have a passionate guide as well. I try to be that guide for you and many others. What I want you to do as well is constantly checking this forum for more information about anything you have in mind, and if you have some: let me or the forum know! Ask, ask, ask! We have really great resources here which will help you as well along your musical journey!

Have a great day!
Alexey :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Alexey that’s awesome, Yes I will!

1 Like

Muddiness is something I can’t seem to lose In mixing, I just can’t get clean separation of instruments. I’ve watched countless tutorials about mixing but I’m doing something wrong. Sometimes I get a good mix by accident :slightly_smiling_face:

In composing I find it hard to write good intros and bridges.

1 Like

Hi @Ace!

Got you! It’s a great topic and I would say that knowing muddiness can separate you from others who are doing the music you are doing today. I’m honest, muddiness is one of the first indicators if someone is experienced or just starting out. That could be the reason why big labels don’t except your work!