WELCOME: Start here and Introduce Yourself! =)

I so much agree on the feel of a real instrument , every time you hit a note it will be different every time
The way you pluck the note at different angles
The intensity how soft or how hard you hit the note
and that just the right hand
The left hand
how you can fret a single note their can be many different ways to mute a note
There are many little nuances that just can make it sound different each time
It will started to feel and sound quite different on how you play it and a lot of expression

I use guitar no expert by no means
and it took me quite a while to learn a halfway decent vibrato
I had to slow down way down on just one note and really listen deeply
that is very hard to replicate all of this with a computer

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Mirza and Iā€™m originally from Bosnia and Herzegovina, currently living in the United States.

My music journey started in early 00s after I got into a specific sub genre of Electronic Music called Goa Trance, and I was basically working almost exclusively in that scene for almost 11 years. I did some side music work from time to time but I made the ā€œswitchā€ in 2016 and began composing orchestral and hybrid music because I completely fell in love with that sound :slight_smile:

For those of you who may be interested in my music, quickest way is to open my sound cloud profiles here:

I joined this forum in hope to expand my knowledge and also help other composers with any questions. I always appreciate constructive criticism and I like to give constructive feedback when asked.

Cheers!

5 Likes

Hello Mirza, welcome to the community, great having you here! :slight_smile:
I also started in electronic music, and only switches to cinematic music a few years ago. The great thing is I am very knowledgable with how synthesis and sound design work from working and studying it for my electronic music, so making hybrid music in cinematic/orchestral music is now easier for me. I am sure it is the same for you with your goa trance background! :smiley:

There are lots of sub sections to ask questions, share knowledge and connect with fellow composers in here. Anything from VSTs and plugins, to studio and hardware, to business related discussions.

PS. Please consider bookmarking this community website so will remember to check in often.

Sincerely,
Mike

1 Like

Hi Mikael,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I have already bookmarked this website! I think itā€™s great so far! :clap::clap:

2 Likes

It was my dream for many years to have a place like thisā€¦a ā€œsocial networkā€ for composers. With both a professional and super friendly atmosphere. No trolls or spam at all yet, and itā€™s been live 4 months, with 700 members as of this moment! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I accidentally ran into this place but Iā€™m loving it already. Thank you for making it possible!

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Marcus Manderson (aka Da Fingaz). I am a musician (keyboards/piano/Hammond Organ), audio engineer (live sound, mixing), and composer (or aspiring composer). I am also an Audiovisual Supervisor for an international nonprofit organization based in the DC area. I also enjoy traveling (and Disney Cruises)!

Feel free to connect with me on social media:

Instagram
Facebook

4 Likes

Welcome Marcus, great to have you here. Feel free to start new topics, ask questions, jump into discussions, and connect with fellow composers in this amazing community! :smiley:

Sincerely
Mike

1 Like

Thanks, Mikael! Will do! Also if anyone happens to be in or visiting the DC area, let me know!

1 Like

Hi Everyone,
Iā€™m really looking forward to diving into this community of composers. And thank you Mike for offering a place where composers can connect, share, create, and grow as composers!
A little about myself- Iā€™ve been composing music since I was a child- humming, whistling, and singing were like breathing to me. I love the sounds of sounds, along with the sounds of blending sounds. Flash forward- I graduated as a music major, and have performed endlessly. My principal instrument is guitar. Iā€™ve written the music for 5 musicals (produced in Boston and Florida), and composed underscoring for one play. Upon moving to LA, Iā€™ve had the good fortune of composing the music for 3 short films. Iā€™m currently pursing a Masters in Fine Arts In Music Composition, with a present focus on film scoring. Iā€™m a Logic user, and huge fan of East/West Soundcloud.
Iā€™m really excited to learn more from everyone in this community. along with sharing my own experiences as a composer. Additionally, Iā€™m really excited about the contests that are offered. Itā€™s such a learning experience when you can listen to how differently music composers approach the same film segment.

See you soon,
Tony

5 Likes

Hello Tony, Iā€™m glad you decided to join this community by and for composers. There are sub sections to ask and discuss many different areas that concerns composers, even the business side.

I hope to see and hear your compositions in the monthly challenges.

PS. Please consider bookmarking this community website in your browser so that you remember to check in. I founded it because I wanted a much more professional and organized way of connecting composers, compared to the chaos of social media.

Sincerely,
Mike

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the warm welcome. And I def could use suggestions on the business side! I will be looking for the sub sections- thanks for your guidance. And yes, the website has been officially bookmarked. I really appreciate that your using professionalism in your approach to connecting our community of composers! Thanks again.

See you soon!
Tony

2 Likes

Hello composers!
My name is Joel and Iā€™m also a music composer and sound designer building a portfolio.
Iā€™ve been playing all sorts of instruments since a young age and producing music with computers since the first DAWs came about.
Iā€™m hoping to develop my skills even further my being part of this community of great talent :pray:t3::blush:

4 Likes

Greetings Joel, welcome to this amazing community by and for composers (I call it The Fellowship of Composers) :smiley:

I want to encourage you to jump in and join the discussions, start new topics in any of the sub sections, and connect with fellow composers.

PS. Please consider bookmarking the community website so you will remember to come back regularly. :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Mike

1 Like

Hello fellow composers!

My name is Taylor Madison Damion and Iā€™m a budding composer/producer for film and tv, based in Brighton, UK. I also work as a songwriter, releasing work as the artist Emberhoney and also writing for other artists. But my song-based composition has always had a cinematic quality so progression into film seems very natural.

Iā€™ve had the opportunity to compose for a couple of Indie short films but I particularly want to write music for Crime Dramas, Thrillers and Trailers, as I love dark, moody, tense scores. Who doesnā€™t, right?! :slight_smile:

Recently, Iā€™ve begun studying synth-based music and sound design and developing a hybrid sound, integrating sound design with guitar-based Indie music and classical composition. My background performing and playing piano, guitar and drums meant I had little experience with computer-based music until I began studying about three years ago.

I have a very short Soundcloud playlist of a few pieces for film projects Iā€™ve worked on so far: https://soundcloud.com/user-568559967

When Iā€™m not doing music, Iā€™m sleeping. :wink:

5 Likes

Hello Taylor, great to have you join us here in what I call ā€œThe Fellowship of Composersā€! :slight_smile:
Interesting that you like dark, tense scores, as the monthly composer challenge of November is on this very theme, perhaps you will find the time to join?

Here is the link to the contest post

Haha, loved your endingā€¦I know what you mean, because I go around humming musical ideas and riffs everywhere! :stuck_out_tongue:

Sincerely
Mikael ā€œMikeā€ Baggstrƶm
Founder of Professional Composers

2 Likes

Thanks Mike, I so wish I had joined earlier! My production workflow is too slow to create anything worth listening to in time for the competition deadlineā€¦(unfortunately, I use Pro Tools, which is quite ill-suited to MIDI based composition, and that doesnā€™t help!.. transitioning to Logic soon, though ;). Looking forward to hearing the otherā€™s compositions anyway. Your 2nd one ā€˜Escape from Silenceā€™ is really inspiring. :blush:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s alright Taylor, I hope you will join future challenges then. And if you are transitioning to Logic, I have a very long playlist with Logic Pro X Tips and Tutorials here.

PS. Feel free to invite more composers to join this community, which I created because I finally decided that Facebook is complete chaos and distracting as hell. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone!
My name is Sana
Iā€™m kinda new to all this, Iā€™m still studying music theory in college, I want to become a video game music composer and I started pursuing that a year ago.
Iā€™ve done several projects and Iā€™m taking a video game music course online.
I found this website and Iā€™m hoping I can better myself and learn new skills and meet new people here.
And thatā€™s about it. Thank you!

4 Likes

Hello Sana, and welcome to this amazing community for composers. Please feel free to start new topics, ask questions, join the discussionsā€¦and there is also a monthly music challenge. This month it was Dark Music, and next month it will be a new theme.

Sincerely,
Mike

2 Likes