WELCOME: Start here and Introduce Yourself! =)

Well, Mikael is my middlename and my surname is unusual so it made some sense! :slight_smile:
I have my music in RF libraries such as Getty Music (former Pump Audio) and some exclusive libraries such as Lab Hits.
Anyway, nowdays I try to rebrand myself as trailer-music artist and want to do some game music aswell since I do not think that djing and performing is not my cup of tea.

1 Like

Ah I see! =)

• Hmm isn’t Getty Music exclusive these days? I think I checked them out not that long ago.

Haha, yes many of us composers want to get into the trailer industry, especially since it is one of the few with really good money still.

Not sure actually, I haven’t sent any new music lately. Actually most licensed track is from 2003!
Yeah, Trailer-music pays maybe the most right now besides of scoring, but you just can’t go and score. I just finished my trailer-album couple of months ago and have few tracks about to come, hopefully with big bang because it is going thru my biggest dream currently! And I hope that afterall these delays they’ll come soon out.

Oh you already have an album ready! Congratulations! Which labels are you pitching it to? Or did you already find a partner library?

Thank you!
I did pitch some music for Extreme and maybe two other, but I am not really good at sending demos so this is pretty good thing tho.
My album came thru with Moon and Sun Music and another few tracks are awaited to come!

I made this post where I list the Trailer Music labels I know, but if you know more you can add it to a comment in that post! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey all! I’m Phil Stokes. First of all, thanks Mike Baggström for creating this community :).

I mostly do 3 things.

1. Composer
  2. Songwriter
  3. Producer

I am blessed that people are willing to pay me regularly to do these 3 things so I can make a living for my family. I also do film editing and have been a music supervisor for a couple of movies. But my passion is always musical composition, of course.

I look forward to conversing with my fellow composers. We can share the joy, the challenges, and the techniques we’ve learned as composers in the modern industry.

Phil Stokes

2 Likes

Welcome Phil, and great to have you join us here! =)
I am glad to hear about your success, and very interesting that you have experience in film production too.

I just listened to your final track with the DAW screencast. And I loved the dynamics and open sound so much! I need to get better at that myself
it’s always easy to fill up a canvas, harder to put restraints on yourself and only open up the music when called for! :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Mikael “Mike” Baggström
Founder of professionalcomposers.com

Hello,
Mamoune Taleb, music composer from Morocco. I started 3 years ago as an EDM producer but switched to film music as soon as I discovered Kontakt.
I’m very happily to be part of this community and would like to thank Mikeal for the initiative.
Here is some music of mine if you’d like to hear it :

2 Likes

Hello Mamoune, super happy to have you join the composer community! =)
I also started with EDM mainly, and now focus on cinematic/orchestral music.

I listened to your music, and I really liked that horror cue. Very dark, brooding atmosphere, and the twisted piano that briefly entered was so good!

Do you have a website too btw? :slight_smile:

Thank you for the warm welcome Mikeal!
No I’m still thinking about making one. I think I should really do that fast

1 Like

Hello guys! It’s Venn,

I’m 27 from Bulgaria, Eastern Europe. Originally started as a drummer in a local rock band somewhat 12 years ago I now write, compose, arrange and produce music in my home studio. I mainly do ghostproduction and work in wide variety of musical genres. Got a degree in Electronic and Computer Music Production.

A few more words before I share some links with you. Favourite isntrument is electric bass guitar. I love music tech and I run the leading music tech blog in my country. Sound is my passion.

Post-Apocalyptic Lullabies by Sensorian Co-produced and mixed the album.

Sounds from the Middle Ages by Sensorian I’ve worked on the production and mixed the whole album.

MMXVIII by F(IV)E Kind of side project focused on experimental electronica with some influences.

And now a bit of projects I create when I’m bored:

Got more files to share, but do not want to spam the thread

Well, it’s great to be a part of such community! Thank you guys!

2 Likes

Welcome Venn, super glad to have you here, and I’ve seen you are already very active, thank you! =)

Oh you play the bass guitar, wow, I love a good bass groove! I am basically only a piano/keys player, wanting to learn guitar (and bass too). :stuck_out_tongue:

Sincerely
Mike

Hello!

My name is João Luís and I compose soundtracks. I have worked for a 3-time Emmy nominee composer in America, returned to Portugal and have worked on a diversity of projects since. It’s hard to pinpoint a specific music style as I try to provide the project with its own musical palette.

I have been doing this since 2010 and it is something that I absolutely love, mainly because I think it keeps us from growing skeptical and old.

I enjoy learning from others as well as helping others, so feel free to hit me up if you ever need help with anything.

You can find more about myself on here:
http://www.musicbyjoao.com

https://soundcloud.com/invisiblearts/sets/website

2 Likes

Hello and welcome Joao, super nice having you in the community! =)
I agree with your philosophy, music makes us remain curious, adventurous and young in heart and mind.

I just listened to your music, and I find it very dynamic and emotional. I like the soft passages that breaths. Portuguese Discoverers was amazing, it had that joyful sense of adventure, with forward momentum and feeling of excitement and discoveries awaiting. Great music my friend! :slight_smile:

PS. I hope you consider bookmarking this community website in your web browser to remember to come back. I would love having you become an active member in this composer community! :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Mike

That is very kind of you, Mikael! I appreciate your words and have just bookmarked this page. Hope to be able to contribute in whatever way I can. If I ever disappear for a bit (keeping up online is not my strongest suit) to feel free to poke me.

1 Like

Hi there,

I am Julia Lesnichy and I am a Russian born professional artist working in oils and pastels for around 20 years. You can see my art at http://julialesnichyart.com.

I am from Moscow, Russia where I received a BA in English and German in the Moscow Linguistic university in 1992 and worked as a translator/interpreter for a while.

I went to music school as a teenager and know the basics of music theory, music history and can play the piano and a bit of guitar. I started writing songs at the age of 15, both music and lyrics. I also loved to improvise on the piano.

I was writing music on notation sheets now and then, was taking lessons in voicing, butI about two years ago I happened to come across Ableton software and started writing music using mostly Spitfire sound libraries. I am into classical, ambient, epic genres. I am studying orchestration on my own and constantly studying modes and voicing. I beleive profound knowledge of music theory is pivotal in writing good music.
You can listen to my music here http://soundcloud.com/jlesnichy
I have a FB page
http://facebook.com/jles1868

Currently I live inin Virginia, USA

3 Likes

Welcome Julia, I’m so glad to see you in the community! :slight_smile:
That is so amazing that you do both visual arts and music arts. From notation sheets to Ableton, that is quit a leap haha.

I agree that music theory is very important, as long as the actual performance is written with your heart and emotions of course, which I can completely hear in your music. :slight_smile:

Please jump in and read the various topics and discussions in this community, reply and share your perspective, start new topics, and have fun. I hope you will become an active member Julia.

Sincerely,
Mike

1 Like

Greetings!

My name is Vlad Plotnikov. I’m a music composer, audio producer and founder of VP Production from Ukraine. I’m also an aspire twitch streamer (live music composing), speaker on local gamedev conferences, mentor in indie accelerator and frontman of post-rock/shoegaze band Total-Empty.

I’m working with video games, animations, theatrical performances and brands.
Projects that I took part in: FoxTail, Monobank, Haydee, Fate Hunters, Wildcraft, PlayUA and others.

Here are my featured soundtracks:

I’m focusing on emotional impact in music composing. I believe that music is one of the coolest things that exists in our world and I’m so grateful that it’s a such big part of my life!

Looking forward to make some friends here in community and find new knowledge!

If you want to connect on socials it’ll be my pleasure. Here are my links:
Twitter (the same username on Facebook and Instagram)
YouTube
Twitch: mrvldpltnkv

3 Likes

Welcome Vlad, I’m so glad to have you here! Wow! You really have a lot of projects going on. :laughing:

I also tried streaming on twitch a couple of years ago. I want to get back to live streaming, but I’m going to do it on YouTube this time. :smiley:

I will check out your stream some time. Problem for me is my computer can’t handle heavy projects + streaming at the same time.

Please bookmark this community website Vlad, I would love to connect with you more in here! :smiley:

Sincerely
Mike

2 Likes