WELCOME: Start here and Introduce Yourself! =)

Hello Michael, great having you join us. Do feel free to jump into the discussions, ask questions, and share tips you’ve learned along the way in your journey in music! :slight_smile:

Sincerely
Mikael “Mike” Baggström
Founder of Professional Composers

Hello everyone, my name is John Villegas-Grubbs. I started playing the piano at a very young age (4) and have been composing since I was about 12. I composed for paino only until about 20 years ago when I discovered sequencing, but I am still such a beginner. So much to learn. My hope is to continue to compose for symphony, to sample and orchestrate around it, to film Ireland and Spain where I go on pilgrimage every year and to orchestrate around those films. It would combine both my passions. I look forward to being part of your group, and humbly express my gratitude. I am very interested in workshops, course work
anything that will help me learn.

3 Likes

Hello John, glad to see you join the community. Music is a life long journey indeed, and we are all trying to learn and improve in every aspect in here. :slight_smile:

Feel free to jump into the sections, join the discussions, ask questions and have fun connecting with fellow music composers and producers.

Sincerely
Mikael “Mike” Baggström
Founder of this Community

My name is Val and I live in Buffalo, NY , USA. I am a retired guy and making music is one of my hobbies. My nickname is BuffaloVal and I am learning to create ambient music. I grew tired of Trance and Hip Hop although I can do well in those genres. I use Ableton Live Suite with a Push 1 and an Akai APC Key 25. Besides the synths from Ableton I use Serum and PadShop. I also sometimes use the synths and effects from Computer Music magazine which I have subscribed to for many years. I always looked forward to constructive criticism about my music.

5 Likes

Hi Val, my name is Elia, I’m 40 and I’m Italian. I understand you well because I too come from a world of techno / trance and electronic music but for about two years now I aspire to the composition of epic and hybrid music including ambient. I listened to some tracks from your soundcloud profile and I like them very much, congratulations.

5 Likes

Greetings Val! :slight_smile:
Since you enjoy creating ambient music, I can recommend joining the “composer challenge” we have running in the community right now on “Relaxing Music”. Click this link to check the official thread.

Even though it is a “contest”, that has never been the main point of these challenges. It’s more about getting some motivation to produce a new track on a specific theme, and then give and share thoughts and feedback on each other’s compositions.

Sincerely,
Mikael “Mike” Baggström

4 Likes

Hello Elia, great having you join us here in what I sometimes call “The Fellowship of Composers”! :smiley:

We have lots of discussions on everything that matters for music composers, from the creative side to the business side. Please do join the topics and share your thoughts, ask questions in new topics, and connect with all amazing music creators in here! :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Mikael “Mike” Baggström

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I am from Argentina so please don’t laugh at my terrible English, and sorry if I make a mistake really hahaha. Ok, just want to introduce me, I am Carolina and I am in love with Music since 2017, but before in 2008 in childhood I learned guitar and music theory. At 2017 I realized that I want to be A professional composer and music producer so, I hope wi will be friend and someday see anyone on TV. I am a singer too so, I hope someday be at one concert or awards! Hahaha big dream, isn’t it?? But I trust myself, so trust yourself too!

6 Likes

Hello, and welcome! And, no worries. I suspect less than half of us are native English speakers - and most of us are probably not very good at Spanish either. :wink:

1 Like

Welcome Carolina! :slight_smile:
Big dreams are a beautiful thing in life, it makes us work hard towards those goals, and I wish you best of luck for your journey in music.

Please go into the various sections of the forum, join the discussions, connect with fellow music composers
and have fun! :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Mikael “Mike” Baggström

1 Like

Greetings from Finland :slight_smile:

I am one, Aron Ben Elal. I do programming work for money, but I aim to be a rpofessional composer one day. I don’t think I’m far, but could really benefit from tips and feedback off my peers. I have done my first song at the tender age of 13, took a nearly ten year break from doing music and now been seriously learning and practicing music for the 6 or so years. My current musical project is called Sonic Eternity Project, which can be found on itch.io
Sonic Eternity Project is a community-driven repository of free game music. It currently has about 48 songs in two repositories, I call “Trinities”
I’m looking to be good enough to do commercial music with confidence and also learn the nusiness side of being a composer.
The challenge that I have as a composer is that I suffered brain cancer, when I was born and due to the brain surgery, lost ability to control my right arm. Means, I can not play any “good compositional instrument” (piano, guitar etc.) And when I was about 11 I got hit by a car, which took out the hearing on my right ear and took away some of “extremities” in frequency range of overall hearing.
But I am determined to keep on doing music and I hope to see you guys on the Forums - and feel free to DM me anytime about anything :slight_smile:
Thanks,
Aron (ONE ABE)

4 Likes

Welcome Aron,
Glad to have you join us! :slight_smile:

Even though you mention that you have some challenges due to your background, I would like to give you a positive/optimistic view as well. You are a programmer, and let me tell you I tried programming myself and could not do it. Because it requires so much patience, which is a great “skill” to have for any field you want learn and master. So just keep making music, improve your knowledge from courses, tutorials, books etc. and keep going, and I’m sure you will reach your goal some day! :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Mikael “Mike” Baggström

3 Likes

Thanks Mike.
Up to now I’ve been trying to learn music production pretty much just me & Youtube, Udemy, Skillshare, groove3 etc
 I’m hoping to get some “professionals’ feedback” to improve my sound and instrumentation. Already thankful for being here.
BTW
I watched you live broadcast (podcast?) on “Composers On Youtube” I could hear from your voice the frustation of some getting a million views with an Assassin’s creed logo versus a well–planned, educational video :smiley: I hate “the game”. I don’t want to play it. Then again, it would be nice to get money off of music :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s great Aron, also don’t get “trapped” in the: what instruments/plugins should I get to be able to make better music. It’s always best to just use the bare essentials and then focus your attention on improving your practical composition/production skills. :slight_smile:

Haha, yeah
I had to vent my frustration in that video, even worse is all those vloggers who just walk around in their daily life and chatting and then get millions of views :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I actually have been working (literally “9 to 5” working) for the last few years and investing in some libraries and plugins and learning sound design and I’m quite happy with the music I can create with tools that I have. It is encouraging to say, that you don’t need big libraries or huge sound packs to make good music, but in reality it’s the whole “the mix is as good as the recording” thing
 But, going a bit over the welcome" topic here. Thanks for the warm welcome!
Thanks,
Aron (ONE ABE)

2 Likes

Hello My name is David W. Aucoin
New composer and wanting to learn .
Is the contest for relaxing music still going on. Being new I need to learn what this site is all about. I saw the contest on VI Control but sometimes I check on the contest and they are either no longer available or I just can’t get information.
But anyway thanks for the site and I will try try to learn more.
Dave

3 Likes

Hello and welcome David, I’m very happy to see you join us. :slight_smile:
I am even more thrilled to see that you want to learn and improve by taking action, and doing, the best way to evolve in any field in my opinion. Yes, the contest is going all through May, so you have time to compose a track for it, here is the information of the contest.

And when you have a track ready, make a new topic in the contest section here.

Please feel free to join into the discussions, start new topics, ask questions. Basically, this community is about learning, sharing and connecting as fellow composers. You will find sections that cover every aspect of being a composer. :slight_smile:

Sincerely
Mikael “Mike” Baggström
Founder of this Community

1 Like

Awesome a site that actually has life.
Thanks I will get to work on a track. It’s more I want to learn and get feed back. Of course it would be nice to win. lol but reality is to get good at anything you have to listen to feedback. I think i have found a place for that. I took your course on udemy and I was surprised to see you heading up this site. What a great surprise.
Thanks you Mikael.
Dave

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your kind words David, as with all things in life seems to do, this community/forum website sort of just happened! :stuck_out_tongue:

I was feeling overwhelmed by keeping up with discussions/questions on all social media feeds like YouTube, Facebook etc. And I was finding Facebook groups to be so
well
chaotic. I am a big fan of good order and structure, and I might be old fashioned but I much prefer a good topic/section based forum for this reason. :slight_smile:

Apart from the contest, we have a dedicated section to post any style of music composition, where you can ask for feedback. The only thing I (we all) ask for is that you write a decent description of your track when you post it in there so that we can get some insights into it. Both creative choices and your vision, as well as technical insights into the composition, production, sounds etc.

You can find the music section as a sub section to “Your Member Area”. It’s simply called “Your Music”.

And please call me Mike, we are all friends in here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome look forward to it.
Dave

2 Likes