VSL Woodwinds (My Video Review)

Hello Composers, Mike here! :slight_smile:
I just tried and reviewed VSL Synchronized Woodwinds on YouTube, check it out!

Watch Video here

What do you think about this library, share your thoughts in the thread below.

1 Like

Hi Mike
just finished to watch your video
sound amazing and this library offer a lot of control possibility
what about the use of memory compare to other library is it less or more ?

I checked out the video. I also watched the video you made discussing the VSL Big Bang Orchestra. It looks good. I’m going to invest in it, as well as the Big Bang Orchestra Andromeda . How would you rate the VSL, as a whole, compared to East West?

1 Like

I will check when I am at my computer (on my iPad now). But from my memory I think it was pretty low in RAM at least, of course depending on how many articulations you use. But most legato instrument libraries are quite heavy on RAM.

1 Like

Big Bang Orchestra is mixed sections, so I will personally use it in a more niche and specific way like: power notes and accents, massive stabs and rhythms etc. But as you saw from that video, there are no individual instruments like flute or violin. It is a ‘wall of sound’ type orchestral library.

I have tried East West, and while I love the sound, I did not personally like the interface. The VSL range of products have the best user interface I have come across in orchestral libraries so far.

Another aspect of VSL that I love is that it is very consistent in recordings, and super well balanced across sections and individual instruments. And that you can choose mix settings, anything from close sound to super ambient.

1 Like

That’s very interesting. Now, more than ever, I’m definitely investing VSL.

Perhaps as a first library you should go with VSL Smart Orchestra. I don’t have it myself, but it seems like great value for your money as it includes so many instruments and options.

1 Like

I’ll check it out. The more tools I have at my disposal will definitely help my creativity.

1 Like

Totally agree with you, but in my experience it’s better to invest “slowly” and learn each tool well, as opposed to go too far into the deep straight away hehe. I should probably listen to my own advice though since I am addicted to getting new tools all the time lol.

1 Like