Using two midi notes options to create a smooth transition

Hi Everyone

Ok normally I play in or record in my midi notes and with midi keyboard piano

but I been trying to learn to manually put them in the piano roll by hand one note at a time

for a different example input a C note and D note in piano roll

now when I play them back they have this disconnection or choppy feel and clicking sound

how do I get a smoother connection between the two notes so they have a smoother transition sound so they flow into one another

Because next question would be I’m trying to create a crescendo a slow crescendo between the 2 notes of C and D midi notes so I want them to sound as smooth as possible not disconnected sounding does that make more sense ?

1 Like

Hi Brian. If you want a legato sound, usually with MIDI notes, you’ll normally extend the tail of the previous note a little beyond the start of the next note so that they overlap. I think that maybe what you’re looking for.

1 Like

Thank You I will play around with that :smiley:

If I have questions About this topic I ask here Sir

As Matt stated, overlapping the notes works with a lot of virtual instruments. I would also suggest adjusting the velocities of the notes. Higher velocities will typically result in stronger transients, which can make things sound choppy. Lower the velocities and increase the volume as needed to compensate for the reduced velocities.