This One's "For You" (Been Away Too Long)

Genre/Style:
If you don’t feel you need to have a cocktail in your hand or be lounging on a bearskin rug in front of a roaring fire I haven’t done my job.

Creative Vision for the Track:
Because of various life factors I’ve been prowling through photos and remembrances from the early 1960s and late 1950s. I wanted to capture the cool vibe of a vibes and jazz guitar lead over a string pad.

Composition Details (Tempo, Key, Main Chords etc):
Form: Intro - A-A-B-A
Key: Bb major (Intro), C major (A section), Ab major (B section)
Liberal use of secondary dominants and modal interchange chords (particularly in the turnarounds)

Main Instruments used:
Melody: Vibes, Jazz Guitar. Piano
Backgrounds / Pads: Digital Pad, Strings (BBC Core … Violin 1, Violin 2, Viola, Cello)
Rhythm Section: Drum set (largely cymbals), upright bass

For Now – Stan Bann

2 Likes

Gotta say, Daddy-o, those changes were the cat’s meow!

Stan, great job; melody and harmony totally very much 50s-60s . Love the guitar and vibes.

My cubicle now seems incomplete without a rug…

1 Like

Thanks, Steven! Glad you dug it!

About the rug, however … got a visual that I can’t unsee … :roll_eyes: :wink:

Thanks for the kind words, my friend! Take care!

Stan

Hello Stan,

Job done well.
The song is amazing. It creates an atmosphere and inviting the listener to an adventure.
Although, I did not feel like front of a fireplace, but rather felt like driving through curvy roads of the Cote D’azur. Perhaps, a cool evening of Autumn. A 60s/70s film scene comes to my mind.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, Ugur! Glad you enjoyed it!

The intended vibe is more along the lines you described. Not a James Bond / spy thriller, etc. More of the scenery / Mediterranean-in-the-background / driving along the coast like you said!

Take care!

Stan

1 Like