Thinking of upgrading Mac by downgrading

My biggest issue is workflow as in doing hybrid orchestral stuff I’m usually approaching 200 tracks so I’m freezing everything. It doesn’t sound like a big deal but when freezing and Unfreezing that amount of stems all day it adds af least another day into the project.

Oh I hear you on the freezing thing. I am becoming more and more frustrated with this workflow for several reasons. One of my biggest ones is that every time I change even the slightest on the tempo track, everything will have to be re-calculated and “bounced” in the background for the frozen tracks. Huge annoyance!

1 Like

Yeah that’s one thing. For me doing Hybrid trailer stuff there’s a LOT of automation needed because the themes are so simple… so the automation of effects over time is a huge Part of The composition. This means freezing and unfreezing tracks periodically. Thankfully your stuck to one temp usually, so it’s not as big a deal… the only time I’d say I change tempo is when I double or half the note value… I just compose double the ammount of bars and speed up gradually over two bars which is a really common technique… though I do it rarely.

1 Like