Studio desks options

Nice Fredrik, yeah custom is always best if you can do it properly. Did you post an image of your studio set up in this thread, would love to see it :slight_smile:

https://forum.professionalcomposers.com/t/show-your-setup-pics-gear-lists-mancave-interiors

1 Like

I was even considering pushing my digital piano below the desk to get that “perfect piano position”. However that would push up the desk to an uncomfortable height instead. Man, so many compromises we need to make with all this gear we need to make music :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My studio is not optimal because it’s at the same time my office for my construction company. This is what it looked like a month ago. I have made some small adjustments after this. I live in an old “torp” so the furniture is built in to the walls of wood. I have my ni komlete s88 so I can pull it out right above my legs. And the mouse and keyboard now in front of S88.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SWjC8GGpMbagxXmp7

1 Like

It’s like this now

2 Likes

You who is a pro what gear do you have? And where do you sit? Sweden?Are your studio in your home?

1 Like

Well I’m mainly a “pro” when it comes to teaching composition/harmony etc., still on the composer journey myself! :wink:

I’m cramped in a tiny room in an apartment, 3x2 meters, barely room to breath lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s my set up: Show your setup. Pics, gear lists, mancave interiors

1 Like

Like your “clean” setup. I’ve just moved my gear but as soon as I get time I’ll hide all cables :blush:

1 Like

Haha, well…lucky you don’t see below the desk (cable management gone bad) lol

1 Like

My cable management is a mess too. I need somewhere to Blount all my leads and cables/connectors too as they’re just in a pile atm.

When it comes to being a pro I don’t think experience or knowledge comes into the equation… it’s mearly wether you get paid for what you do… so in that sense most composers are still on that same journey. I mainly get paid for mixing and mastering and I’ve had a few small syncs which was a nice surprise… but I’ve only just been able to push past the first barricade for higher tier private libraries. The business side of things seems to be what makes you a pro these days.

1 Like

Lol I have no building skills at all. So, currently I use a plan 6 foot table

2 Likes

Yeah I’m currently using x 2 tier Ikea workstation which is great, except there’s no keyboard tray. The top tier has started to come loose though as it’s attached to a metal frame so I’m looking to upgrade. Think I’ve found one which is on offer right now. Here’s a picture of the current studio.

It’s a good desk as you can see, but that top tier isn’t stable so I’m now very concerned about my computer and monitor (which is just an old 22* Tv lol

2 Likes

Output Platform can be an option. Not the cheapest. Not the most expensive either though. They really thought about cable management and keyboard placement as well. I heard putting it together is not the easiest. Check it out:

1 Like

Yeah I’ve seen these and they’re slightly high for my taste. I’ve been looking at the glorious work stations as they’re similar height to the one I have now??

Good to know. I would be interested in an Output one that is half the size at half the price. LOL…

1 Like

Lol, tbh the glorious desks might be a good shout for you. They’re around half the price. Think it’s laminate rather than real wood!

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll check them out!

1 Like

No problem, I think gear 4 music are doing their own version too which is cheaper too!

Yep. Looks like they have some nice ones too. They also sell the Glorious desks slightly cheaper. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi friends!
Certainly an important topic!
I have had a problem now and then with my lower back. For me it it really great to have a table where I can change the height. I also have a chair with that possibility. It means that when I work for a long time I can always change how I sit. Sometimes I almost stand up! I recommend to get this kind of table for you all (before your back get hurt by sitting still for sometimes hours.) They actually have this kind of table even at IKEA!
Jan in Stockhom

1 Like

I would actually love to have an electric standing desk, but since I have my speakers on stands beside the desk it would not work. I would need to have the speakers on the desk so they rise and lower together with everything else. And all my gear on the studio desk would be over the weight limit of the IKEA standing desk, so I would need something more industrial. I know there are solutions, so perhaps I will get one of them later. My back is often hurting so it would be worth it.