Something enlightening

Hey Mike, hope u had a wonderful day, I was wondering if you could do a reaction video in your youtube channel, an indepth breaking down of musics in cinema and video games. Hearing from you about each part would be more enlightening than hearing it ourselves. Like ‘for the world-tan dun, define dancing-thomas newman’.
Im also aware there might be an issue of copyright problems. But that would be awesome if we could hear it from you. Your take on them and the kind of feel they are giving, the type of music they are.
That is all. Stay safe and

THANKS

1 Like

Hello Samuel! :slight_smile:
Ah, I guess you noticed my poll (vote) on my YouTube Channel? I think reaction videos for music in films, games, tv series etc. could be amazing. In fact, Alex Moukala seems to do great with reaction videos on his new YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKRfoZ5t1VBdWfn9k6UgXw

I know if I want to get over 100.000 views per video instead of below 1000…I really need to find video topics that can reach a broader audience and appeal to more people! So yes, reaction videos could work, even though I am a bit scared about copyright issues. But I guess the best way is to try, and see what happens. :slight_smile:

Sincerely
Mike

1 Like

Theoretically (at least, in the US) as long as you are adding an educational component by explaining why the music works or the theory involved, that should classify as Fair Use. But who knows? Rick Beato does exactly that on his channel and it seems like he’s always getting takedowns and demonitizations. It’s kind of the wild west and the algorithms are the corrupt law posse and music education youtubers are kind of the outlaws, but not like Clanton gang outlaws, more like Josey Wales outlaws.

1 Like

Thanks Mike, yes I love Rick Beato’s videos, and I can simply not understand why the record labels and YouTube are so crazy protective even when it to me seems like the perfect text book example of “fair use”.

Im more interested in what kind of wonderful insights mike can provide.

1 Like

Ah that is so kind of you Samuel, thank you for the encouragement! :slight_smile:

1 Like