Solitude [Bitttersweet Bellchime Chillout]

‘Solitude’ is a Bittersweet Bellchime Chillout I made for a few days ago for my Sonic Eternity Project

5 Likes

Hey Man!

Great piece. Really enjoyed that low-fi feel, and you nailed those R&B compound chords.

At first I started listening and thought, oh that’s a bit more grainy than what relaxing music sounds like… but as I listened it really did relax me and I really enjoyed it.

Overall thoughts: loved the chords and that 8 bit feel… didn’t associate it with games but it did give me that nostalgic 90s vibe.

My only constructive thoughts are that It could have been a little shorter… with a few transitions between sections :slight_smile:

Top job!

2 Likes

Thanks doe taking the time to listen, Geoffrey. And thanks for the feedback. I actually think it moves too fast to be really relaxing :smiley:

Aron (ONE ABE)

1 Like

Really enjoyed listening to this piece of music. Love the synth selections. Nice moving chord progressions.
Great job
Dave

1 Like

Thank you so much, my friend… I have recently started to - at least try, to make music “seriously” Like, before it was “I do whatever I want, because art” so it really means alot when I encouraging feedback. Thanks again for making my day :slight_smile:

Hi Aron. I was counting sheep while listening to your track and nodded off inside three minutes! You can’t get more relaxing than that! :)) You used a good combination of patches to meld together to produce this smooth vibe. Well done!
Regards,
Adrian

2 Likes

Thank you so much, my friend. Making people sleepy is anice superpower to have :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha sounds like that female in Avengers (from Guardians of the Galaxy)! :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: I was referring to the comment above btw.

2 Likes

The sleepiest avenger?

1 Like

The girl with the antennas on her head, that could make even Thanos sleep (almost at least). :stuck_out_tongue:
That was her super power, making people sleepy! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well, mind control, but yeah… Always great, when discussion digresses to Avengers :smiley:

1 Like

You can always make an off topic turn to nerd culture like Avengers, Star Wars etc. :wink:

1 Like

Love the title! Some filtering on the synth swells and other bg pads would have been nice after they are established. This would add some subtle interests and allow the newly introduced sounds to come in more (ie. when the bg is dialed back in the hi Eq). Awesome!

1 Like

Nice work! Agree with @brandowalk, some dynamic filtering could really add some depth to the sounds. Right now it feels like they’re all in the same “position”… some subtle, creative filtering could add dimension to the mix. The tones nostalgically remind me of some of the old VA and digital synths I’ve owned.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, wasn’t exactly sure about the mix, when I made this. It has some “perceived motion” . Adding motion did occur to me, but I thought about movement potentially taking from the “sleepy” - stagnant feel of it. But yeah, towards the end the kinda phasing of the snyth pad gets a bit boring. I’ll keep that in mind for the next synth track I make :slight_smile: Thank you both for taking the time to listen and feedback. Much appreciated!
Thank you,
Aron (ONE ABE)

2 Likes

I like it very much. An electronic landscape. I think that some instruments doesn’t work at all, like the tambourine and some strings. They sound too acoustic for this soup of synths.
It is a great song CONGRATS