Sands by Reiner Sonnenschein

I have been working on this track while spending a week of holiday with the family on Ameland, a gorgeous Dutch island. In October the mood there is mesmerizing, especially the sand dancing on the beach while it is windy. I had the vox sample lying in my DAW for a while, with the beat it all came together. So not strictly an ambient track from a production perspective. But mood wise, I can chill to Carbon Based Lifeforms and Henrik Lauge as much with beat as without.

Before you post your track, remember the main rules:

1. Only new tracks published in October allowed
  2. Only YouTube or SoundCloud links are allowed
  3. Make sure to include a track description in your post
3 Likes

Great to have you join the contest Axel, and very nice track. :slight_smile:
You forgot to write a description, please edit your post to add one.

PS. Check out the other entries too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great track kind of reminds me of tangerine dream - what synths did you use?

1 Like

Thanks, Tangerine Dreams comparison is a high praise!
The synths used for pads and lead are Obsidian and SynthMaster One. I put a lo-fi filter on top to get the granular (sandy!) sound.
The bass is also Obsidian, a patch called BassGVelSplit. The vox is a 140 bpm sample from Zenhiser. The track is produced in 70 bpm - to get the delay and reverb chilled :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for listening and reminding me- I now added the story behind!

1 Like

I agree with you, there can definitely be a “beat” in an ambient music track too, as long as you are careful and not make it too focused. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hello
interresting track
in my opinion it’s sound like childout and ambiant , i like the little voice that coming from nowhere surprising but very good use :slight_smile:
good job

1 Like

Merci bien, content que ca te plaise! La voix est venue qu‘ à la fin!