Samplers: Kontakt vs UVI vs OT vs Spitfire etc

How do you feel about the different sample engines available today?

I personally love the stability of Kontakt, and of course that all major releases use it, but I hate the cluttered and tiny interface, and workflow.

UVI has a really nice interface, great high quality products, but hasn’t really taken off yet.

Orchestral Tools have their own brand new sample engine, which looks promising.

Spitfire has now started using their own sample engine for some of their latest products, which is very minimalistic and clean in design. What about features, workflow?

And of course, which sample engine has the best RAM and CPU performance. I would also love a mix of RAM vs disc streaming as opposed to loading in everything in RAM. Omnisphere, Keyscape etc. does this amazingly well for a good balance! :slight_smile:

hello,
well i use mainly kontakt because a lot of library i use run with kontakt
i have also for some composition use eastwest player and best-service Engine
regarding the processor load engine use a lot i have the forst kingdom II library and desert wind, sound great, but the engine use more processor than kontakt
as regard the player from eastwest it is the same use of processor than kontakt
if i had to order my choice on player

1- kontakt
2- eastwest player
3- best service engine

i don’t know about the other player on the market like elastik from zero G

1 Like

I hate Kontakt and will not buy anything that only uses Kontakt. To start with it renders at 4ppm on the screen which is below 2020 vision tests and if you dont wear magnifiers you will have trouble seeing some print. That is why I will not use it. I use Spitfire GUI and the Sine player both far superior to Kontakt. I wish sample people like Cinematics Studio Series would not rely on Kontakt. I have told them I would like to buy, but will not while they use Kontakt. The more punters who refuse to continue with Kontakt unless they make the screen renderable as a minimum the better

1 Like