Quick and Quirky Halloween

Genre/Style:
Instrumental, Seasonal

Creative Vision for the Track:
“Did you hear the one about the skeleton who went into a bar and ordered a pitcher of beer and a mop?”

I’ve been doing a lot of teaching elementary school students beginning piano. It’s fun to see them react to very visual music particularly around holidays. Picture a Skeleton’s Prom, if you will!

With Halloween next weekend I tossed together a short (one minute long), simple, fun, rhythmic, visual, musical ort for their Trick-Or-Treat bags.

Composition Details (Tempo, Key, Main Chords etc):
Key: Largely C minor.
Orchestration: Other than the intentionally obnoxious cowbell halfway through I used wooden based percussion and woodwinds.

Main Instruments used:
Xylophone, Marimba, Bass Clarinet, Bassoon, Piano, Harpsichord, Vibratslap (what Halloween piece is complete without some Vibraslap?)

Jaunty Halloween – Stan Bann

Enjoy! Have Fun!

2 Likes

It gave me Oompa Loompa vibes - I dig it

1 Like

Thanks, Douglas! Glad you enjoyed it!

1 Like

I love Halloween, very cool holiday!!

1 Like

Agreed, Linda! I’ve been sharing this with my young piano students. They are excited to have something to play that fits the season!

Glad you liked my little Halloween “treat”!

Stan

Fun track Stan! I immediately thought Tim Burton/Danny Elfman, This is Halloween :jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

Thanks, Matt!

One of my very young piano students called it “the coolest song EVER!!!”. He’s now my new public relations man! :wink:

Take care, my friend!

Stan

1 Like

Fun! Made me smile! :^)

Steven

1 Like