Preparing for Black Friday 2020

Even if 2020 has been a rollercoaster of bad news. At least we can still be looking forward to Black Friday super deals, right?! :stuck_out_tongue:

Which sample libraries, VST plugins or other tools and gear are you looking forward to get a a big discount? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m still waiting for a sale on Noire from NI and you?
and this neold_v76u73: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/neold_v76u73.html

1 Like

I like to buy a complete orchestra.
Iā€™m still undecided between Spitfire BBCO Core
https://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a-z/bbc-symphony-orchestra-core/

and the Volume 1 of VSL
https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Synchronized_Special_Edition_Bundle/Synchronized_Special_Edition_Vol1

What do you suggest?
:thinking:

2 Likes

Oh I have a couple of ā€œpotentialā€ products to get. I will especially be looking out for good deals on:

• Softube Plugins
  • Cinematic Studio Series
1 Like

I have Spitfire BBCSO Core, super good value for what you get. Itā€™s a great starting point if you want that complete orchestral package! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ Mikael I didnā€™t realise you had the core version? :open_mouth: Iā€™m so tempted by it!!

1 Like

I think that I am covered quite well for what I need, what my music needs. But there still some things that I look forward to.

A 4TB SSD is number one :point_up: on my list. I run a 7200 HDD, and what I could get out of it, still fascinates me, but SSD is still another level. Makes every more smooth.

Plug-in wise, I donā€™t need much, as I like what I have and I have a lot. However, as we know there are still so much that is great. For example, Softube Pultec series. Love it. I had a workshop with the ā€žrealā€œ pultec inventor, and he told so funny stories, like how crazy Michael Jackson wanted to use the C1B.

I want to try the Weiss Limiting. Didnā€™t know that it was so huge back then in the days. And the plugin is 100% original, as the original is / was coded, so digital.

Orchestra wise I miss a lot of solo stuff, but I think that in the future Iā€™ll will go with Berlin Series. I love the soundings and the instruments.

1 Like

Hi guys. Still wanting as follows:

• Woodwinds to come from Cinematic studio series.
  • Viola and expansions from Virharmonic
  • Cinewinds pro sale
  • I would also consider Cinepiano
1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s a great all in one orchestra imo. Not the best in any area, but covers everything well enough. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, everyone is waiting eagerly for Cinematic Studio Woodwinds. But they do take their fair time in their product development. Which I guess is why they have a stellar reputation. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, Iā€™m pretty well covered when it comes to sample libraries and synths now, so that wishlist is mostly what remains of the ā€œnice to haveā€ section. Currently, Iā€™m more interested in modeled instruments, real instruments, and studio gear.

• SWAM Saxophones
  • SWAM Brass
  • SampleModeling Strings
  • In-ear monitors. (DT 770 are comfortable and all, but not the most practical for cello and violin.)
  • Oktava MK 102 stereo pair (amazing sound for the money; seem to handle suboptimal rooms gracefully)
  • SE Electronics T2 (large diaphragm, but very linear and transparent; multiple polar patterns)
  • 120 Hz 55" TV for my speaker wall, for less painful Kontakting. (And a proper 4K gaming experience.)
  • A decent flĆ¼gelhorn
  • A nice viola. (Probably waiting for Corilonā€™s Opus range next year, though. Very happy with their violin!)
2 Likes

I seem to have ā€œwon you overā€ to the modeling path! :wink:
At least a bit haha. Btw, they confirmed that they will rework SWAM Strings and SWAM Woodwinds to the new engine and user interface. I hope that will improve the sound as well. To me this latest one is the best in terms of sound quality.

1 Like

I have both a 4tb ssd and a 4tb Hdd, I can honestly say thereā€™s not a lot of difference in performanceā€¦ at least in my systemā€¦ but even if it helps a tiny bit more then Iā€™d say itā€™s worth it!

2 Likes

I beg to differ, the performance difference of SSD vs HDD has been the single biggest leap in performance I ever felt! :smiley:

Loading time of Ravenscroft piano went from 50 seconds to 3-4 seconds. Just one example! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ah my leap in performance was nowhere near that. But as Iā€™ve said itā€™s my computer that holds me back right nowā€¦ itā€™s definitely the bottleneckā€¦ which is while I said even if it were a small difference itā€™s worth getting the SSD :smiley:

But you basically only disagreed with the amount of difference in performance but I still said that it got better. So I donā€™t see your ā€œdifferā€ :stuck_out_tongue: haha!

Iā€™m very much looking forward to April. Iā€™ll be getting a new Mac, New audio and midi Interface and I may even grab another screen :joy: Iā€™m going screen crazy right now! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I think my biggest concern is not only speed, but heat. I donā€™t have a pc that I cool, and investing in a cool system I donā€™t want to. And we know that an HDD can be super hot. SSD goes up to 36 Celsius. HDD was just a solition for a period of time, and I know that. So for me and my workflow I want to use a second external SSD.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good point. My HDD doesnā€™t get that hot so the fan doesnā€™t really come in that much, but the SSD does, maybe itā€™s also down to the manufacturer of the devices?

My external HDD is the Black Series of WD 7200. I searched for heat etc. but it seems to be normal. And letā€™s be honest. I already said in one of my videos what the disadvantages are with HDD. I think that for us producers there is only one way to go. SSD for work. HDD for backup, as it is mich cheaper.

Thatā€™s how I use mine to be honest. Perhaps Iā€™m not getting a lot of heat because of exactly that. I also use. WD btw. Think theyā€™re great for the price!