News: Reward System in the Forum 😃

Hello Composers! :slight_smile:
I am going to set up a Reward System in this community, because I want to encourage engagement, and value. How will it work?

3 Member Levels

I will create 3 sections based on “Your Member Level’: Level 1, Level 2, Level 3. These sections will be hidden until you reach the specific level. This is decided automatically from the forum algorithm based on your engagement level, helpfulness (getting hearts) etc.

Your Bonuses

The higher your member level, the more special bonuses, extra content and exclusive perks you will get! :slight_smile:

Sincerely
Mike

9 Likes

Sounds pretty cool, thank you for doing this!

1 Like

Nice one. I’m sure people will benefit from this a lot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think a nice incentive-based system is needed to be honest, right now only 25% of all members that signed up are active in the community. My vision is for this to be a vidid, thriving community! :smiley:

2 Likes

Becoming a „Super-Saygin“ would be awesome! :sunglasses: :fire: :muscle:

@Mikael, I would suggest that you write a couple of bonuses for the guys down, so everybody knows what that bonuses could look like when they unlock their higher level
(just a thought) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Alexey, good point. Btw, I also have another cool thing that you will be interested in, will let you know soon! :wink:

1 Like

Excellent vision Mikael. I do have a question. Do you think misinformation will be an issue on this forum?

If so
How are you going to combat this? Or are you leaving everything open so that it evens itself out through talking :slight_smile: I’ve recently seen this as an issue on fb pages/groups so I thought I’d pose the question here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Misinformation? I am not sure what you are referring to. The main thing I will combat with full force is “bad behavior”, meaning trolling, spamming or in any way acting disrespectful to other members in the community. Then name “Professional” in my view applies mainly towards how we act and treat each other. And to me, the vision has always been to create a “Fellowship of Composers”, that spirit is most important to me! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s great. Good to hear your heart about the matter. Often on other Facebook forums they are rife with speeding bad composing and mixing information. This really doesn’t help composers who start out.

In this forum it’s not an issue because it’s seperate from mainstream social nonexistent which is great. But as it grows this may be something that might occur. It’s just another aspect of having a forum I guess. But, non the less just something I’m intrigued with as it’s not something that is limited to the forum scaffold. We see this in news articles and what not too. Increasingly this is something that a lot of organisations are trying to combat as it gains popularity. Sadly it can either be birthed from clickbait, misinformed members, false news or a range of other factors.

I’m just a big nerd and this thing is something I worry about haha :stuck_out_tongue: does that make sense?? :smiley:

1 Like

I believe the higher the bar, the higher the quality. That goes for anything, as it seems to be a natural force. So I see way more “crazy” posts on social media than in forums like this or VI Control. Simply because social media attracts lazy people, trolls, fight-seekers, and general ass-holes. It takes no effort to troll on social media like FB groups. And more importantly, there is no inherent ways of rewarding good behavior and punishing bad behavior. It’s all a chaotic mess in “the feeds” of social media, and you can only hope to find information and discussions that are high quality. Honestly, I hate social media more and more because of these faults. I am a fan of raising the bar of quality, and thus, I created this amazing community! :smiley:

2 Likes

*sounds like we are definitely on the same page regarding this issue. I’m really starting to dispose Facebook Composer groups. There’s only 2 I’m really active on and even then it’s full of people who don’t actually know what they’re on about. Which is sad because I believe everyone has the capacity to do well in composition
 but you need an open mind. There’s no need to talk like we know it all. By all means we should share what we know but when people talk as if theirs is the only way, this really bugs me.

We all share on here, and I love that we are all super open. Especially when some of us a little further down the line post great content that’s amazing bug also say at the end “share your thoughts, what do you do?”. Which pretty much everyone here does. I find that the greatest strength of this community and I love it!

1 Like

The Trailer Composer group is still decent imo. :slight_smile:
Open mind, you nailed it! I am extremely allergic to a phenomena that is spreading like a plague in the world. And that is “judging”. I was a science major, and I strongly believe in the values of science. Which is to always be open-minded, and always prepared that you yourself are wrong. Also, I believe that in almost every single occasion there is no black and white answer, so why even argue as if there is? sigh I don’t understand humanity it seems lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

And even worse are people that are arrogant in any way, I can’t stand it. Being humble has always been one of the biggest virtues in my eyes.

2 Likes

Definitely. Humility and having at least some amount of integrity (very loaded word) is paramount in life.

Totally agree, the trailer group is amazing. Had a great talk on one of the feeds with mark Petrie yesterday which was really illuminating, great guy.

I also enjoy the plugin forum and the film composition forum.

1 Like

Which film composition forum is that? I think sadly the Evenant group has turned downhill in quality lately.

Think it’s called film scoring and orchestration applied?? Something like that.

1 Like

Thank you!
Is a 3 level algo-rhythm a waltz?

3 Likes

Maybe you can create a survey to get some feedback from members every 6 months or so, that can help give more information about the other 75% or the majority. Just an idea.

1 Like

Thanks Carl, however I think it’s a simple fact that the majority will always be ‘lurkers’ as it’s called. Which means, they read, but never engage.

This new reward system is because I want to incentivize all members to be more engaged and active in the community. So you can build your rank (level) and gain perks and authority in the community. I hope this can make it feel more valuable to be active here, than all those messy Facebook groups (I run 2 myself btw).

1 Like

I get it. So you want to have more reciprocation of ideas and knowledge being shared. That makes sense. That is cool that there is support of ideas and questions that people can get help with unlike other places for no fee. Who knows though maybe there was an underlining reason that you have so many members to begin with, what was the reason they initially chose to join on their own and maybe what are they also hoping gain from it for their end goals. It may also be common where forums don’t have 50% engagement but you know more on that.

1 Like

Great idea! Hope for more involvement!!

1 Like