New Track: ”Victa”

Greetings,

Time for another release. Any feedback is highly appreciated!

After 3 slightly different pieces, it was time to put all of them (style wise) into a blender and see how it will turn out.

Tempo is stable 105 throughout the song, time signature switch from 4/4 to 6/8 and back. Key is probably wondering around Dm harmonic / natural.

Creative vision kicked in when I managed to stumble into a bit evil sounding melody in the first part (after intro). I immediately wanted it to sound huge and evil. In second part, there was clearly a place for battle. What`s better for battle theme than some power metal elements. After the battle there’s always a place for a conclusion. The aim of the conclusion was to leave it open in the way that it’s up to listener what actually happened. Did the evil conquered or was it vanquished? That eventually led to the name Victa. Full of cliches, right? :wink:

I was also fortunate that one of my old friend agreed to do a synth solo for the middle part and played the piano in the last part. Mastering of the track was also done by him.

This project was also really time consuming as my nearly decade old PC was a real bottle neck. I’m still rather happy that I was managed to put this together with really old AMD processor and 12gb of RAM. Now It’s really time to upgrade my PC to speed up my workflow.

Br,
Riku

7 Likes

Great work you did .Your sounding is very nice

1 Like

Huge, Riku.
I LOVE IT :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Nicely done, Riku!

The piece had great power and rhythmic drive. Loved the mix of strings with the overdriven guitar parts. Very powerful piece!

Other than old technology (sometimes that actually works to one’s advantage!) what was your biggest challenge in writing “Victa” and how did you overcome it?

Again, nice work!

Stan

1 Like

Hi Stan!

Thanks for the feedback!

Good question… the biggest challenge…

I’d say definitely the transitions. I always struggle with the transitions and this wasn’t exception. I think they’re pretty okayish but I can see lot of improvements to be done here and there.

Br,
Riku

1 Like

Riku:

You met the challenge very well! I agree that transitions can sometimes take as long and as much energy to write as the main themes!

Take care!

Stan