New composition : star wars project

hello all composers
glad to share with you a little composition made for a student project based on the universe of star wars
the animator ask me to compose a music in the spirit of star wars
tempo is 120bpm, key is G
the instrumentaiton is classical
woodwind, brass, string and percussion
the military snare and the timpani are from projectsam orchestral essential
the others instruments come from spitfire audio library

thanks for listening

4 Likes

Love it! It has that sound of some fun sci-fi show that would have been on TV in the 80s or 90s. I like the pulse that it has matching the snare. Arrangement-wise, one thing that could have helped it, I think, is a small bridge section in the middle where it takes a trip down to the relative minor, or even just swapping the root for the relative minor once or twice to change it up. Nice work!

2 Likes

thanks a lot Mike, but i have a maximum duration, the music will not be over 1’30 length
so it is very in a short track to make this kind of development, but i agree the bridge is a great idea

2 Likes

Well done Florent as always. It did sound John Williams, but it really felt like his theme for the Olympic Games, “Bugler’s Dream” more than Stars Wars to me. Either way it sounds great!

1 Like

thank a lot, i agree a friend said that he saw superman instead of darth vador when he had listened to my track :wink:

2 Likes

This is really good. Good job! Very nice and memorable theme and good arrangement and accompaniment of the drums. Only thing I would suggest, which is common with John Williams, is when there are the longer sustained notes add a fast line played by the woodwinds as a decoration, a lot like you did with the snare drum at the start. Can be like a fast line up and down with a bit of a swell in volume, or a trill followed by a line up or down, or some other melodic line all which can be seen as a counter melody complimenting the great theme you have during its longer held notes. Can even double the snare’s rhythm with a line in the woodwinds at the start. Again, great job. I like what you have done alot! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks a lot for your feedback, i will keep all your idea

I love the piece and it would totally work for a 90’s militant themed Sci-Fi like Stargate or Earth Final Conflict or Sea Quest - but somehow it doesn’t quite sound Star Trekky to me personally - Probably because of the militant sound, which I feel is carried mainly by the drums.

I still love the piece though - I just like to be honest when a target or goal was mentioned for a feeling or franchise. It could also just be me too lol.

1 Like