New Comp - Epic Western

Yesterday I installed the Albion ONE library from Spitfire Audio and couldn’t help myself but to get stuck right into it. I decided to go for an ode to the late great Ennio Morricone with this quick composition. It is only very short but I didn’t have a lot of time on my hands. What do you think? :blush:

Genre/Style: Epic Western

Creative Vision for the Track: Ennio Morricone inspired/Red Dead Redemption

Composition Details (Tempo, Key, Main Chords etc): Em/Bm - Modulating

Main Instruments used: Spitfire Audio Albion ONE.

Winds, Brass, Percussion, Choir, Strings

1 Like

Sounds great Jacob! I think it would fit well within that type of game. Throw in a little Spanish guitar solo and :+1: (Now my imagination’s running a bit :laughing:)

1 Like

Yeah, Jacob! Definitely hitting on the Ennio style. And I really like the thematic elements- the melody, rhythmic pulse, the chords. Very nice.
As a suggestion - maybe bring out the lower strings and percussion a little more? Might give a little more depth, a little more bottom end, and melodic variety?

Great job,
Steven

1 Like

Thanks Matt! I really appreciate you taking the time to listen once again :smiley:

I did think a little Spanish guitar line would be perfect! I currently do not own a classical guitar though and since coming into composing through a guitar player background software guitars really do not cut the mustard :joy: Great suggestion though and thanks again! :smiley:

Thanks Steven! :smiley:

Great suggestions, I will definitely try them out next time I come to work on this project! You’re absolutely right, the melody is really similar throughout it could use a bit more variation to it. Maybe using different sections of the orchestra to take over the melody in places would be a good idea to give it more interest?

Really do appreciate you taking the time to listen :smiley: