Nebulae (music contest oct 2019)

Hello all
here is another composition for the ambiant music contest
for this one i decide to compose a music inspired by galaxy and deep space
i use vintage synth to have a particular sound, i use also an analog with phasing pedal for effect
thanks for listening

6 Likes

Pleasing main sound. Nice fx flying in. I would need more (slow) changes - so it would be less ‘static’. Some more surprises. But I like it!

2 Likes

I hope You donot mind me asking a question here
Could you explain a bit further if that ok?

you are right, but in my mind for an ambiant there is no need to have surprise but just slow change in the melody or the chord, if you add surprise i think you break the mood of ambiant , i will check in the course of mikael if he talks about surprise in ambiant composition
i keep in mind your idea

2 Likes

I agree, I would be careful of sudden changes in any form, anything that breaks the “smooth flow”. As always there are “degrees” and different styles of ambient and atmospheric music, so it all depends. You can often add shimmer, sparkle and small details that go in and out in a smooth fashion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some great synth patches. Think I agree with others that some of the fx needs to sweep slower - like evolve more gradually- good track though. What did you use for vocals?

1 Like

Hello Phil
in fact in this track there is no Vocal library, what you hear is the preset sound of the JV1080 from roland

2 Likes

Nice one, could be a lot longer to keep the listener floating. For the white noise (or is it in the synths?) the half bpm would make the track even more relaxing.

It is always hard for me to assess and evaluate music from the field of sound design and ambient correctly. Nevertheless, I discover again and again which sounds there are that fascinate me. There are many such fascinating sounds in your music. I like the wind. the pad sounds. The recurring little riser. the harmony of the synth. However, the conclusion is a little surprise. he is short, unprepared. As a listener, I feel a bit abandoned at this point. Nevertheless, a nice piece to listen to and relax. I like this static sound all the little movements around it.

Greetings
Klaus Ferretti

2 Likes

thank you so much Klaus, you are right for the end the conclusion of my track is not very good we are waiting for something or a to be continued like
the wind sound is made with my korg delta analog synth, pink noise , nearly no resonnance, cutoff at 75%, the signal output go through a small stone phaser shifter pedal effect, i have add noting else, neither a denoiser because i would like to keep this old noisy sound but goes good for this effect sound
the pad sound comes from a roland jv1080 expander :wink:

2 Likes

Neat:grinning: Florent never heard of that pedal interesting sound

for this track here is what i have used:
soft:
8dio supercluster preset heliopause
gravity preset stalagmites
spitfire ensemble string consordino
juno60 vst etheral brass
hardware:
jv1080 preset dawn 2 duck
jv1080 preset stuffed glass
korg oasys preset dying in space
korg oasys preset coin twak
korg delta + pedal small stone electroharmonix for the phasing white noise

the bell is made by the following layer
jv1080 dawn 2 duck + coin twak (oasys) + stuffed glass (jv1080)
the pad is made by the following layer
jv 1080 dawn 2 duck + etheral brass ( juno60) + ensemble string con sordino + stalagmites ( gravity)

2 Likes