My VERY FIRST Orchestral Composition

Hello! Below is the first piece of orchestral music I’ve ever written, but there’s no need to be gentle, I can take it! :wink:

Track Description: A dark piece for a short film over which narration dialog will be placed.

Creative Vision : This is for a short film about a warlord who was torn to pieces by a mob, but comes back as a reconstituted monster seeking revenge.

I wanted to capture many different things:

• A sense of longing and despair (minor chords, and the constant back and forth between D and C#).
  • A sense of something “not quite right” / unsettling (the later string melody that ends on B flat rather than a resolving note).
  • All while simultaneously capturing the “dragging” of a zombie across the ground (Chromatic ascending notes from D, with a short Tremelo before starting over on D).

Composition Overview : I don’t really know much theory and can’t really put much here. I’m guessing overall it’s in D minor? Hahahaha. Tempo is 107.

Main Sounds: Mostly free VST stuff until I can get some good recommendations for an orchestra.

I know the mix is terrible, there are some things not well quantized, etc. but I just wanted to share the first VERY rough track for some constructive comments and honest opinions (rather than vain compliment fishing). I would appreciate your input!

1 Like

Hi Ameer,
I think you did an excellent job capturing what you intended. The sense of something not quite right, the image of the zombie being dragged, the darkness or despair. Nice job!

Steven

1 Like