My entry for this competition

Hi everyone,

I am submitting a track, which has three parts. The first and the third are really relaxing, with piano from Olafur Stratus collections and Spitfire Labs. The middle part is very dynamic, with lots of pulsating basses and other drum loops. In arrangement it is a combination of orchestral and electronic sounds, mostly from Spitfire VSL and Ableton packs.

6 Likes

Hi Julia nice transition at 1:20, and how it builds from there, I like your counter harmonies, definitely can see this in a film or end scene. Nice work, how long did it take you to finish this track from your concept?

Thank you, Carl. I started it about a week ago…in fact I wrote the whole thing for two days. It is a rough version, the harmony and instruments. I had other things to do, so I returned to it two days ago and added just a viola in the first part, another pulsating bass in the middle one and was polishing the sound. So totally it takes me 3-4 days, 2-3 hours a day. I like to be more diverse and thought the middle part will add more interest. The beat is 12/8.

1 Like

I love it. I like very much the pulsating sound when it doesn’t syncs perfectly with the long notes. Very hypnotic. Perfect work :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you Vicente! The middle part is not very relaxing but I decided to leave it… I am introducing pulsating basses in my compositions now as they create movement and some tension

Cool vibes Julia! Love the cinematic feel :clap:t3:

Thank you, Joel! I love your composition and voted for it. I think you deserved the first place!

1 Like

Thank you Julia! Think we needed more people voting but all comes down to personal taste :love_you_gesture:t3:

1 Like

By the way don’t think you voted in any entry?! Or at least not showing that you did. Thanks once again :pray:t3:

I did voted for three entries including yours. I didn’t know why it didn’t show it. May be it is a technical issue

1 Like

That’s weird! Surely your vote should count… oh well who knows lol
Keep up with the great work :wink: