Music Composition Apps for Recording Ideas

Hello Composers, Mike here! :smiley:
Are you using any cool smartphone apps to record ideas for new music compositions?

I am currently using the “Music Memos” app on my iPhone. I simply use it to hum in ideas with my voice, then I can then drag and drop into Logic as a starting point for a theme, riff or rhythm.

I also sometimes use an app called Chordbot, which not only let’s you easily create chord progressions, but also has a lot of different playing styles with different instrumentation. Of course the sounds are crap, but it can be a good starting point for inspiration and ideas :slight_smile:

What apps do you use do record ideas with? Share your tips in a reply here. =)

Sincerely,
Mikael “Mike” Baggström
Founder of professionalcomposers.com

I use Voice Record Pro

1 Like

Yeah I use music memos a lot. It’s amazing. You can record your idea. Add a baseline and drums if it’s a song and it will even let you add notes and lots of other great stuff (only on iPhone though)

1 Like

And since it is in the cloud you can drag and drop it from iCloud drive into Logic! :smiley:

I tend to use only my voice, humming riffs, melodies etc.

1 Like

I use Maestro, free and really good. I use it for voicing exercises mostly, as I can easily listen and hear the mistakes. Usually any time I sit at my midi controller I come up with a melody or chord progression. I record it and can develop and orchestrate latee.

1 Like