Monogram CC Traveler just arrived

I just received my Monogram CC Traveler kit

It was boxed very nicely:

I then assembled it:

Prior to plugging it into my Mac, I downloaded the Creator App and then plugged it in:

I then opened the Creator App and chose “Universal” as there is no dedicated Logic Pro X profile pre-loaded:

One note on the actual Monogram CC build…in the current configuration, there is a little “pocket” between the left-most unit and middle unit whereby it does not sit flat on the table

With the help of this article, I was able to set up my Monogram CC Traveler how I will typically use it

2 Likes

Congrats! :slight_smile:
That’s the one Christian Henson uses, right?

1 Like

Yes, I believe he has the original when it was called Pallette Gear (back in its Kickstarter days)

1 Like

Ah yes I remember now. Did the brand change come with any product improvements, or is it exactly the same?

1 Like

Mike - here is an article I found detailing the differences. However, this article is written from the viewpoint of someone who works with photo editing apps

1 Like

Thanks, will check it out later. I am still using the faders on my MIDI keyboard but would like to have a more standalone solution for CC recording in the future. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I have the Komplete Kontrol S88 and there are no faders – I basically purchased the Monogram for the faders and I am loving them so far (after one day of using)

1 Like

I also have KK s88 and just bought the cheapest possible midicontroller Zubsero myself for missing faders.

1 Like

I also have the traveler console and I can say after a few months that it’s a game changer if you want to control synths parameters or orchestration with a perfect size and also is well built (I normally use it with Logic Pro X, Photoshop and Premiere. As Michael is saying, I watched a video in YouTube by CEO of Spitfire Audio (Christian Henson) and he was using it and talking really good about it so decided to give it a try. It is not cheap but is definitely worth it. The new version is much better because for orchestration the faders are closer now and it’s easier to control them at the same time.

Here I share a discount of 40$: Monogram Referral Program