Majestic Music Contest : The Night

Hello
this is my try for this challenge
key is C major with a lot of chord inversion
tempo is 88 bpm
for the instrumentation , it is a classical instrumentation woodwind ( flute, clarinet, oboe ) , brass( trumpet, french horn and trombon), string different aticulations used ( con sordino, flautando, sustain), synthetizers drone in the low range to produce a pedal note ( juno 60 )
thanks for watching

8 Likes

Beautiful Florent! :smiley:
Really the true sense of “epic”, which in my opinion is that noble, majestic sound. Nice use of visuals btw. As my favorite series (Star Trek - Next Generation) says: Space - The Final Frontier! :wink:

2 Likes

Very good! That slow, heavy pace and that kind of orchestration - plus, that kind of visuals - is what I consider “majestic” too.

The only, very little issue is that to me the ending seems too abrupt, since the track stops immediately after the last cymbal’s crash. Maybe, just two or three seconds more would allow to listen the reverb tail and deliver a more satisfying ending.

Anyway, a very good work!

1 Like

It has a beautiful atmospheric vibe! It kind of reminds me of Copland with some of those parallel harmonies in there. At 1:15 I would actually stay away from the parallel 5th but that’s just me. Nice job!

1 Like

thanks a lot for listening to my composition

Great work @florent83. I could easily see a great movie here. Very grand.
If I try hard to find some kind of feedback then maybe it could “evolve” a little bit more towards the end and the finale. But if that`s not your intention then I have nothing to say about that. Nice.

1 Like

Very nice! I like the instrumentation and the scale of the piece. I like your use of the Juno 60 too. It’s one of my favorite synths. Great job!

2 Likes

Florent - well done. Video shots are cool. Can I ask what site you used for the footage? I’ve been using Pixabay but am wondering what other sites are good.

I like the sound of the brass - very majestic indeed. My only feedback for improvement, would be that for the most part, the sounds are “traditional” orchestra, yet the piece is all very sustained chords. This might be a challenge for winds and brass to keep sustained so much in a real orchestra so this distracted me (as a wind player :-). That said, I like the full sound you are going after… perhaps a more hybrid sound and add some pulsing synths or driving rhythms would work well for this along with the the more classical instrumentation.

Great work.

2 Likes

Very epic and majestic. Inspires a sense of awe. You always write good pieces that leave me with little to say :smile:

1 Like

Very good majestic feeling, mon ami. Well fused with the images. The sound is a little flat for me (maybe I have listen with my headphones for too many ours today :P) I missed a clearer main melody with repeated memorable phrases.
Good job. :clap: :clap: