Komplete 13 is here. Your thoughts?

So wait… Komplete does contain Kontakt after all? The was the main point of my questioning. So basically Komplete is Kontakt + kontakt libraries + extra kontakt libraries not included in kontakt?

1 Like

Yes komplete contains both kontakt 6 and kontakt 5, that’s why is called komplete… there are a few versions of komplete though so have a look at what package you want :slight_smile: there three different tiers I think.

1 Like

Do ALL of them contain kontakt 6? I’m sorry for the questions but I really don’t understand the infoes on the website xD

AFAICT, select does NOT include the full Kontakt, but the “base” and bigger ones do. And, it’s version 6.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-13-select/compare/

As for Kontakt 5, I don’t know if it’s possible to buy that specifically. Same for Komplete 12, or any other older versions of anything.

3 Likes

No, only the full version of Komplete, which is priced at $600 comes with the full version of Kontakt and the Kontakt libraries. Which is why I said I’d be a better (cheaper) option to just get the full version of Kontakt. There’s a $200 difference. The higher end Komplete bundles come with the full Kontakt and associated libraries PLUS some extra libraries not included with Kontakt.

Thanks, so When times come I should either go with kontakt 6 OR Komplete 13, the 599 version, not the select. Got it. Well… Now I’ll just have to keep saving and hope in the next black friday xD Thanks everyone for answering my questions :slight_smile:

Oh, you mentioned it already :smile:

1 Like

Additionally, I just looked at the NI site and if you own the A series Komplete controllers, which I just bought for $300 for the 61 key, upgrade to the full version of Komplete is $99.

2 Likes

Oh! On that note, I think there used to be some Kontakt Player compatible libraries (as in, the developers paid the NI tax) that made one eligible for a discount on Kontakt, or an NI voucher or something. Might be worth checking, in case you have, or plan to grab, some libraries.

1 Like

I do believe that sounds like the best option if you were looking to upgrade. I wasn’t aware of a cheaper komplete option, this must be fairly new as they didn’t have that 6 years ago :joy::joy::joy: time flies when your a struggling musician :rofl:

1 Like

Strange times these are :laughing: They included Komplete essentials when upgrading to Kontakt 6, Kontakt 6 player with Komplete essentials, Kontakt full version with Komplete full version, upgrade to full version with Komplete Kontrol which includes Komplete essentials :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Maybe they’re actively trying to confuse matters to the point that people just give up and go for the bigger packages? :smiley:

1 Like

In fact, as you can guess from my previous questioning… I just don’t understand anything about the packages on that website… and as of now… I’m starting to get confused again :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

And in the end…I don’t really use any of the Kontakt libraries much, it’s all third-party libraries I go for. :rofl:

To be honest if you are buying as a new customer the biggest option is the most value… especially when the black frolidag deal is on… I looked this morning :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

On that note, have they started offering substantial discounts on the full versions of Komplete now? They were never on sale in the past, so what I did was grab the basic Komplete bundle (I don’t think there was a Select edition back then), and then upgrade to Ultimate at ~50% off on some sale.

1 Like

The biggest is the one that costs more than a thousand I think? Even with the black friday discount I doubt I’d have enough money to get that :sweat_smile: IF I’m lucky enough… and that is an IF, I may have saved around 500 euros for the black friday… and I can’t spend them ALL anyway… I need to get at least kontakt… a couple other plugins and save as much as possible for family expenses :stuck_out_tongue:

Also… I need some hardware… like a new hard disk cause music plugins take a lot of space and I’m close to finishing it xD

1 Like

Take davids advice. You save so much if you do what he suggests, especially on Black Friday sales. I think last year Black Friday sale was around £800 for the full version.

Having said that, 6 years ago I payed a little more than £700 for komplete ultimate and that included a hard drive too… so even though more products are being added the price is going up exponentially.

1 Like

You mean getting the basic and then upgrading during sale? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah :slight_smile: that’s the best way to do it.

1 Like