Join the Music Contest - Jurassic Park (June 2020)

hello
so i have understood , we had to compose a track inspired by the main theme of john williams of JP
but keeping in mind to translate the emotion and the power of the different part of the main theme in approx 2 minutes duration

am i right ?

1 Like

Hello Florent, yes, exactly. I really hope you will make an entry for this, looking forward to hear it! :smiley:

i am working on it, not very easy

1 Like

covern means something like composing with the original theme but do not duplicate the original as a whole? Or: Create a composition that sounds like JP without the original themes?

1 Like

You choose Klaus! :slight_smile:
The only main rule is you must keep the main emotions and spirit of the original Jurassic Park soundtrack. So yes, anyone should still be able to recognize your cover as Jurassic Park music. But you can still do it in your own style/sound! :smiley:

I hope you will give it a try, it is a super nice way to practice and improve as a composer.

thanks for your answer. I will try it

1 Like

Great, I am looking forward to hear your cover version Klaus! :slight_smile:

Same problem for meā€¦ Seems I always tend to drift to more classical style and I have to pull myself back into the 21st century :grinning:

1 Like

Well why not do a classical version of Jurassic Park in this case then! :wink:

1 Like

Now if you want to do a REALLY interesting versionā€¦ Why not go for Baroque? Lol

1 Like

Bring out the harpsichord! :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry if that was historically incorrect, but I always connect baroque with that instrument for some reason haha

1 Like

Iā€™ll do an interpretation onā€¦ cathedral pipe organ! :wink:

Seriously though, I was thinking about going all orchestral - no piano.

1 Like

Oh yes, go for it David. Looking forward to it, starting this week? :smiley:

1 Like

Well, things have been a bit chaotic, and Iā€™m still waiting for my new audio interface - but the old one does seem to work with a freshly installed ASIO driver as long as I donā€™t reboot, so thatā€™s probably not a showstopper, at least. :smiley:

1 Like

Wait, I missed that one? Which one did you buy?

1 Like

I went with the RME Fireface UFX+. It has all the analog I/O Iā€™ll need for the foreseeable future, plenty of digital I/O, mixer with EQ, dynamics etc (should be enough to set up surround monitoring with bass management), and does both USB3 and Thunderbolt, just in case. Can also run as a standalone mixer/converter/preamp/whatever, so I can connect other devices to the sound system through it, even without the computer running.

1 Like

Looking forward to writing something for this! Thanks for these contests.

3 Likes

Great Brandon, I am really looking forward to listen to what you come up with! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m actually thinking of going hybrid on this one :open_mouth: Iā€™ve already done a lot of soppy soppy so letā€™s get some huge synth braams going :wink:

2 Likes

I got along unusually well with the violin last night. Now Iā€™m having stupid ideas Iā€™ll probably regretā€¦ :smiley:

3 Likes