So a few months ago I asked for opinions on what monitor screen I should get. There was some debate on whether or not I should get a curved monitor screen.
Well, about 3 months ago I ended up buying a curved ultra wide screen for the studio. I chose this simply because it came on sale so it was actually £150 cheaper than a normal ultra wide.
Here’s a small list of pros and cons. Trying to be as level headed as possible, despite still being excited about it.
- it’s wide - fantastic for editing a time line due to the width. Just this alone really helps with production.
- the curve is amazing. It reduces glare, you don’t have to turn your head as much and because it curves towards you it reduces eye strain. (This is the biggest plus for me)
- I’d upgraded from a tv monitor so the colour is awesome. It’s slightly muted in comparison to my Mac, but I actually prefer that as eye strain and headaches are few and far between.
- it’s still pretty pricey. £240 on special offer (by Samsung)
- takes up a LOT of desk space.
- has a toggle button on the back. I’d prefer it on the front and have just a few small buttons, but I’m old school like that.
Overall a fantastic edition to anyone’s studio. I highly recommend this product as it will totally change your workflow.
For me I really love the curved aspect to it, it really does stop you getting headaches and I enjoy the more muted feel… when I say muted I just mean “matt” pallet, not that is dull… it’s anything but dull.
If anyone is wanting to get a new monitor here is the link to the amazon product.
Samsung LC27R500FHUXEN 27" Curved… https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PHSBC4F?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share