Is EW composer cloud worth getting, or should I just save my money?

Last weekend I recorded the same composition twice. Once with Eastwest orchestra and once with Cinesamples instruments. Just for the fun of it. I can post it later if you would be interested to hear a comparison not made by a pro.

6 Likes

Yes please do Fredrik. And such a product comparison would be best to post in this section “Tutorials, Tips and Reviews” as its kind of a review focused on X vs Y for sample libraries! :smiley:

PS. Make sure to write your own thoughts when you share the examples as well.

3 Likes

That sounds like a great idea @Fredrik I’m really excited to hear what this sounds like!

I’ve actually heard that used well, the EW is just as good as most high end libraries so I’ve been considering getting the entry subscription as I get educational discount from working in education.

1 Like

Yes please! Would love to hear it, too!

2 Likes

Hi guys I´ve posted a comparison if someone´s interested.

1 Like

Folks, my intentions for posting is to only share my personal experience with the East West library, and not to make comparisons to other libraries. This library was recommended to me by someone with many movie and television placements, and I’ve invested the time to learn the platform so I can work efficiently.

The East West library Composer’s Cloud gives users an opportunity to try out different modules that may be useful to the genre they’re working in for a modest subscription fee. Anyone who doubts the quality of this library should just do a little research to see where this library has been used in the industry. I think those with more experience with composition and production would probably get much better results because they know the tools and how to use them.

Please don’t take this as an East West endorsement, because I have no ties to East West outside of the Composer’s Cloud subscription and my module purchases. Use the library that works for you and that pleases your clients.

5 Likes

Very honest and personal view John. Thank you for sharing. I’ve done a fair bit of research into libraries since posting this thread nearly a year ago and came up with some crazy findings. Long story short, software changes rather than samples :slight_smile: so these sample libraries hold up today because the companies who make them (including cinesamples in this) update the software making them just as playable. This means that the myth that new libraries are more playable is exactly tlyvthet, a myth. Newer companies are just playing mind games with us. But hey, that doesn’t change the face that I still like new shiner things :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I just want to share my experience and not push anyone into decisions on products. We all do things a little differently and have to use what works for us. East West may work great in my workflow, but it could be very confusing or harder to work with for others. The way I grade instrument samples is fairly simple; can I put this sampled instrument by itself in the mix with confidence that it won’t make me look bad? LOL

I’m just thrilled that we have access to all these wonderful tools to help take what’s in our mind and make it a reality for others to hear!

3 Likes

Hi guys. If it´s of any interest I continued a little comparison with NI symphony string ensemble because they also got very mixed reviews. Just for fun.

3 Likes

Is it on the same post as before? Will check it out! :smiley:

I used Stmphony strings in the past in a smaller studio in Liverpool for some pop strings.

They are a bit fizzy on the top end for my liking but I thought they were quite good to be honest. Definitely a good option if you only had NI :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes it’s in tutorials subjects.
They were among the the first strings I bought when I was new to this. It’s not often I use them but for certain things I think they’re pretty good. I think there is a nice “woodiness” to them.
They could never be my goto though because I think Cinematic studio strings is a higher class when it comes to allround using.

2 Likes