Infinite Woodwinds 2.0 | Welcome to the Next Generation of Virtual Woodwinds

Infinite Woodwinds 2.0 is a complete do-over of the library. All the instruments have been fully remade in order to work in tandem with the new spaces first introduced in Infinite Brass 1.4.

You’ll find tone and playability improvements across the board, as well as all the new Infinite Series features like Space Selection GUI, Positioner GUI, Humanize, Attack Accuracy, Legato Minimum and extended pitch bend range.

New Instruments

2.0 also adds 2 soprano saxes to Infinite Woodwinds, making the double SATB saxophone dream a reality.

5 Likes

Wow what a huge upgrade Aaron. I watched your video overview, and I continue the be amazed with the amount of passion and attention to details you put into your products! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A bit of off topic perhaps, but I have been wanting to try the leap motion controller for a long time. And seeing you using it in action makes me want it even more haha. Is it easy to setup for MIDI expression like you have in this video?

1 Like

You install the old V2 Leap software (Geco doesn’t necessarily support the new Orion software), install Geco, install Loop MIDI and create a virtual MIDI port (and set the sysex buffer to 512), then route Geco to that. Whole thing takes a couple of minutes. Then you just create your controller mappings. If you send me an email I will happily send you my config file for Geco with all the attacks, decays, deadzones etc. set up.

3 Likes

Oh wow thank you! :slight_smile:
I am trying to find a reseller atm in Europe, if I end up getting it I will showcase it with your libraries for sure!

1 Like

This is an incredibly good update. Can’t wait for the strings!

2 Likes

@olofson Check this thread out. I’m sure Aaron would be willing to share his Leap Controller “setup file” with you as well. Seeing as you already have the Leap Controller hardware, you can jump on this and try it out before I do! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Set the Leap Motion up last night, and I’m quite impressed initially, though the “abandonware” nature of it all seems to leave some untapped potential. I’ll go into some more detail in the modeled instruments thread later.

1 Like

Leap Motion has turned into abandonware?

1 Like

Well, it’s not legally abandoned AFAICT, but the company was aquired by Ultrahaptics in 2019, and is now known as Ultraleap. I can’t seem to figure out what they’re actually working on these days, but clearly, it’s not the original product line, and the original Leap Motion controller is pretty hard to find nowadays. As for the software, the most recent API version seems to be 4.1.0, which was apparently released in 2016, but GECO MIDI is stuck all the way back on V2, and the developer just states “GECO is now available for free since the Leap Motion store closed down.”

Hmm that does seem like it could become an issue. But our quest for maximum expressive power goes on, right?! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, it’s a bit worrying for the long term, but if it works, it works… There are a bunch of Leap Motion MIDI projects on GitHub, so getting something to run with the 4.1.0 API shouldn’t be a huge project, and if all else fails, there’s still a lot of interest in hand tracking in the VR community (flight simulators and the like in particular), so there probably are, or will be, other alternatives.

1 Like