How to create Gated reverb

Here’s another short tutorial!

This video shows you how to make Gated reverb! A quick and easy way to give your snare a bit more weight, and vibe up your drums!

1 Like

I totally used this technique on my latest project. I made a set of drum samples using things from around the house. Cast iron pans, a big stool, a cabinet drawer, plastic bins, a vacuum hose, etc. A thick gated reverb was key on some of them to make them sound huge without fighting each other.

1 Like

Awesome man. Really cool to hear you are recording stuff like that too man. Some of my best work was made from recording v my own bin percussion. Share the track si I can hear it! :smiley:

I shared it already in the My Music section, but here’s a link. It was a percussion piece for an Orchestral Tools competition. I used a lot of different drum libraries, including the one I made myself. If you hear a drum you can’t quite identify in this, it’s probably one I made.

1 Like

This is great Mike. Are you a part of my Discord community? If so the other users would love to hear this. If not I can share with tou an invite link. It’s a community much like this but there’s a lot more advice and peer to peer support :slight_smile:

I’m not on it. I just started using Discord last week. How can I get there?

1 Like

It’s nice and easy. Here’s an invite link for you.

Be sure to share your track, as people will really enjoy it and while you are at it you could also ask for feedback if you wanted it. :slight_smile: it’s a great place for that.

1 Like

It says the invite link is invalid when I try to go there?

1 Like

How weird. Wait I’ll get you another! https://discord.gg/YyA3cqxdnT