How to create custom pads like a pro. Plus a free kontakt instrument!

Hey everyone,

I’m releasing an extra video outside of my regular upload schedule today to teach you how to create your very own custom kontakt instrument, the easy way.

This doesn’t involve any scripting for kontakt and will get you a great sounding pad at the end. In fact I’ve gone away and finished the instrument in the video so that you can have it for free!

I’ve put it up in my Gumroad market for £2 but if you use the discount code “2off” then you’ll get it for free. Alternatively you can get it for &2 and support me in my journey but this ones a gift so no pressure to do that at all! :smiley:

https://gumroad.com/l/qPUI

Please leave a comment on YouTube and click the like to help the algorhythm (I think that’s what I’m supposed to say :stuck_out_tongue: but it really does help! Thank you)
I hope you enjoy your new instrument guys :smiley:

5 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try to do my own pad! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Stephan! And thank you for commenting and liking the video on YouTube!

Ill watch later on…

1 Like

Thank you Michael!

Nice VId as usual :slight_smile:

BTW… I’m Grooot! :smiley:

1 Like

No I’m grooot! :wink: hahaha

Thank you man I’m really glad you enjoyed it!

Just watched your video, that was reallly really good! Well done Geoff!

Keep it up!

1 Like

Ah thank you! I feel like I’m getting better so to hear it from you guys is such an encouragement!

1 Like

These are great vids Geoff. Looks easy, but I’m a simple composer, might still be too complicated for me :laughing: Still, I enjoy seeing how these things are done.

1 Like

Haha! I’m sure you could do it, if I can then anyone can. It’s all about experimenting…,I mean I’m guessing no ones added a violin, a uke and a harmonica together to create a flowing pad before :wink:

1 Like

It sounded great! The only instrument/sound design thing I can create are booms, but I’m glad you’re doing these so I can see how it’s done. Very helpful. I just spend more time studying theory/orchestration because I want to be thoroughly educated about actually writing music and knowing how to get the harmonies/melodies I want first so I’m behind the curve when it comes to a lot of “music technology.”

You should put together a course or two!

1 Like

Quite right too, theory is so important in my opinnion. It’s great you are focussing on that.

Sound design is simply the “originality” bit of composing. You don’t need a lot of it for it to sound unique:) I’ll do a good few more in the next month and then I’m going to move onto theory and full orchestral breakdowns for a bit… that is the plan, along with some reviews. This weeks will be spitfire emotive strings that was just released. I’ve decided the way I can do these reviews better is by maybe showing exactly how I’d use them, rather than just showing them off as 99% are doing.

So glad you enjoyed the sound of it btw, thank you so much for your encouragement!

1 Like

Note: All tutorials, tips and reviews should be in that specific section. I moved this thread. Also, great to see you keep going with your videos! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking forward to them!

1 Like

Wasn’t it in tutorials tips and reviews? If it wasn’t I’m sorry. I thought I had put it there. My mistake :smiley:

By the way:

1 Like

Yes I did see this earlier. I would suggest still making your own. As that boosts originality. It also hugely boosts your chances of getting tracks synced:)

1 Like