How are you all doing? What is everyone working on atm?

Hey all, it’s been a while since I was active here so I thought I’d pop back in and check up with everyone! Feel free to share some of what you’re working on, or stuff you need feedback on, etc…! Hope you’ve all been well!
Romain

2 Likes

Here’s a couple of tracks

EasyBeware

I think they attached that time. Sorry

1 Like

Nice! That’s a really cool track, lots of things going on and different genres as well. I think composition wise some part feels a bit too complicated, and mixing wise the trick would be to make everything sound like it’s from the same room. Well done anyways, keen to hear the final product

I’m in-between pieces, just finished my 16th CD release a few weeks ago and am working on promotion and PR. Also studying how to use Dynamic EQ. I’ve long worked with EQ and multiband compression but want to keep learning new things. I’m thinking of doing another symphony (#12!) or maybe an album of vocal music. I’m starting to feel comfortable bringing people into my studio to record after 2 years of isolation due to COVID, so we’ll see how that goes.

Jerry

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to be able to learn so much faster than on my own. Until next time.

Nothing. I wrote a piece for Ukraine but nothing since. This is the longest between compositions since before the pandemic. Keeping track of Kommisar Putin’s mass murder is the only thing that matters right now, I guess. Anyway in case you’re interested:

2 Likes

Too much work and “life” these last few months, so not much musical work, apart from some cello and violin practice, and some instrument collection business.

Latest work is this two-hour track challenge from two months ago:

Main project I want to get back to ASAP (12 minute WIP of ~35 minute movie):

3 Likes

Wait, is the 35 minute movie in Minecraft? Or was that just some background footage to go along with the music?

1 Like

Somewhere in between!

This whole project is inspired by these 1-4 hour “relaxing music” YouTube videos, where there’s usually just some nice picture with some VFX, mostly as a placeholder, since there’s (obviously) video on YT. Since I build stuff in Minecraft every once in a while, and it’s literally one of the most popular games in the history of mankind, I figured I’d use some (mostly) still scenes from there instead. However, then I started playing around with ReplayMod, and decided to have a go at bringing some more life into it with camera movements and stuff.

Not sure where I’ll go with it, but the basic idea is still to “just” have some visuals to go with the music - although I’m actually scoring to picture in this case, as a way to have an actual story and structure for the composition.

3 Likes

Cool! It’s sounds great! Very tension-filled. Hey if you ever want to collaborate on a Minecraft+Music project let me know. I build quite a bit too. I built a replica of the original Resident Evil mansion. I was going to use it to recreate all of the cut scenes from the original game, but I only got around to doing the first one.

2 Likes

I’ve too much and nothing happening at the same time. I’ve been busy with the day job and just plain exhausted to get time to write, but I have three projects in the works. First, I’m writing some music as a backdrop to a visual art series by artist Tom Bacon; it’s a short story/art series call Below Earth based somewhat on H.P Lovecraft’s Cthulhu mythology. I am also writing an album of cinematic mystery/crime tracks to hopefully be used in the Crimesonics music library. Later this year I’ll be doing an album of cinematic and hybrid music in the style of Yuki Kajiura.

My last piece was a hybrid track inspired by Issac Asimov’s Foundation novels and Apple TV’s series based version. You can check it out here (need to redo some instruments though😅)

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m kind of worried I’m going too film score for the “relaxed background listening,” but then again, people listen to all sorts of stuff depending on context, so maybe there’s a niche to be found somewhere around here? :smiley:

Anyway, nice build! It’s certainly crossed my mind to do some sort of collaboration. Even with WorldEdit, it’s a lot of work to create interesting builds, and I could easily spend more time building than composing…

BTW, have you seen the Terralith terrain generation mod? Probably going to use that. (Even considered migrating the builds from this video.) Amazing terrain on a scale that suits epic scale builds - although the official 1.18 terrain is pretty epic already. One could probably get away without even building anything, though that kind of feels like a dubious use of MC to promote only music.

I still haven’t tried WorldEdit. I have used World Painter to turn heightmap images into terrain. I made a map of Alefgard from Dragon Warrior, but that’s the only terraforming I’ve done. 1.18’s terrain is a big improvement. I’ve found it seems better implemented in Java than Bedrock. I usually just look around for a cool looking landscape that gives me an idea and then build on that.

1 Like

In regard to the original post, at this moment I’m working on a cover of the opening music from Star Trek VI. Also in my pipeline I’ve got more tracks to write for Song Of Argonia, and I’m remaking the rest of my score from Blood Runs Cold, a short film I made 19 years ago. And I’d also like to do a cover of Those We Don’t Speak Of from The Village. I love the violin part in that.

2 Likes

I am about to release a presets bank for Arturia Pigments on the Tripple Spiral Audio website this Friday! A very cool project! It is called SPICE and is hugely inspired by the last Dune movie from Denis Villeneuve and of course Hans Zimmer’s score, which he just won an Oscar for. So if any of you guys have Pigments, please check it out this Friday when it’s out! :smile:

2 Likes

Yes it really is terrible. Hard to keep your head up with everything happening right now. I think your music best describes it.

1 Like

I’ve written a 2 minute trailer proposal for a new animation film called “Codex Atlantis.” I’ve titled it “Beyond the Pillars of Hercules.”

Hope you enjoy . . .

2 Likes

Love it! Superb textures all around. What’s your main synths?

1 Like

Awesome thanks for sharing! I’ll have a look

1 Like