Help me pick a free DAW?

I don’t know how you buy a secondhand copy, since the license agreement doesn’t give you permission to resell the software.

PreSonus Software License Transfer

Whether you want to donate, purchase as a gift, or sell your PreSonus Software [StudioOne/StudioOne Add-Ons/Notion/ Progression, etc…], the EULA (End User License Agreement) allows for the permanent transfer of your license to another party.

The Transfer Fees for PreSonus Software are as follows:

• StudioOne : $25.00 US
  • StudioOne Add-Ons : $5.00 US/ea
  • Progression : $10.00 US
  • Notion : $10.00 US
  • Notion/Progression Add-Ons : $5.00 US/ea
1 Like

Interesting. That’s not in my EULA at all. Separate PreSonus service?

you have also reaper it is free to use, you can pay it if you want , at launch there is a popup that block the application during 5 seconds, reaper is very powerfull for audio and midi, there is a lot of free plugin very awsome, not very easy to use but very powerfull

Hey Luca, I think you’ve chosen very well. Reaper isn’t any weaker DAW than others, you can do everything there, in addition it’s highly customisable (create your own keyboard shortcuts!), CPU lightweight, has very good online knowledge coverage. Everytime I need to do something new, I find the answer instantly. 60€ for lifetime licence seems like a dream. I enjoy this DAW and can only recommend!

4 Likes

Nobody uses Reason? I do.
The version 11 has a beginners lite version around 80 € and is has all you need in one software. Even you can add third party vst.

Personally I can recommend reaper! it’s an awesome tool, fully customizable, if you do a quick research you will find that more and more heavyweights in the production industry are changing to Reaper, it’s not free free… it’s like WinRAR, you pay when you can, and the price it’s truly affordable, 60$ for fully license, and if you don’t pay you can use the full program anyway, it has a big community, with a lot (seriously, a lot) of tutorials on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU42RJBOWrYS524qralENNw here you can see an example of making orchestral music in reaper.

the tutorials:

1 Like