Happy New Year! Here's the 2nd movement of my new oboe concerto

RULES: Fill out your track description below so that we get valuable insights into your music composition. Add your SoundCloud/YouTube link at the bottom. Then give feedback on fellow composer’s music.

Genre/Style:
Modern classical (non-avante-garde)

Creative Vision for the Track:
To write a medium length 3 movement work that features the Vienna Symphonic Library French oboe.

Composition Details (Tempo, Key, Main Chords etc):
The opening movement begins with a chromatic motive in the strings featuring a minor 6th interval and this motive is used throughout the entire movement. The 2nd movement is a relaxed and leisurely slow movement.

Main Instruments used:
Vienna Symphonic Library orchestral cube. Software synthesizers Dune and Zebra.

PLAY

Hi Jerry,

Been listening to the 1st and 2nd movements. Lovely, creative writing. As you say- modern classical with respect to chords and melodies, yet always pleasing and pretty to the ear. Looking forward to the 3rd movement.

Steven

Thanks Steven, much appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment. I’ve written flute, violin and clarinet concertos for live soloist and virtual ensemble, but this time I think I am going to use the Vienna Symphonic Library oboe (the one you listened to) in the final recording. I might as well, I can’t bring anyone into the studio because of COVID, as wind players produce a lot of particles in the air, (brass players even more) a science study on which instruments produce the most particles revealed. Plus I think the sampled oboe sounds quite expressive.

Best,
Jerry