Forbidden Snow Kingdom

This is my entry. My creative vision is that it would be for a snow area in an RPG, a remote desolate cold area that is the site of an old abandoned cursed kingdom with a ruined castle. For the instruments, I used a Gemshorn, Gittern, and Viola Da Gambia, as well as some sound design things from Era II Medieval Legends. I also used a wind sound effect from Open Game Art and an atmosphere from Puremagnetik Filmscape.

1 Like

Nice Robin. I think it would work well in the type of RPG format you describe. The wind effect was a bit too distracting for me though; it was a bit too loud in the mix. Otherwise it had a good dreamy fantasy vibe.

1 Like

Very nice, I agree with the previous about the wind being too loud. I would have had it come and go to match certain thematic material. All the way through it loses effect. the thematic material itself seemed a bit random and then you came in with nice koto sounding instrument and then it was gone before it went anywhere. Otherwise an excellent piece. It just cries to be longer and more fully developed. Sonically overall very pleasing. Nice job!!

Solitude mood, in a magical ambient. Minimal but effective. One of the most great things in this contest is to see how people reach the same goal from different roads.
You did a great job. Congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Very nice piece of ambient, fantasy music. Perhaps some sort of pad would create the same feel as the wind effect, as it gets a little distracting at times. You could choose a theme from the elements you introduced and develop them over that pad /wind sound and really take this to a new and interesting place.