External M2 SSD for my iMac - possible?

I’m getting crazy here because I researched this so much, but can’t find out what I need! :stuck_out_tongue:

So, I have an iMac 2013, which means “Thunderbolt 1”. I want to get an exernal M2 SSD enclosure, because they are way faster than SATA. Is this even an option for me. Is there something out there compatible with TB1? :stuck_out_tongue:

Have you researched this alternative @Geoffers, since you are also on an older iMac?

1 Like

Yes, I came to the same conclusion you folks. SSD isn’t an option for simple folk like us :rofl::sob:

I did however find that the WD Elements external drive is one of the best options and it’s fairly reasonable too. I’m currently using one and id say it does significantly speed your system up. It does however have a fan inside but it’s extremely quiet. I have the 4tb version which is plenty for me.

1 Like

Excuse the dust. Lockdowns been mainly me in this room and I haven’t had chance to clean yet. But this is what it looks like. I recommend them :))

I already have Lacie SATA RAID, and 2 external SATA based SSD’s. I am looking for that M2 ultra fast drives! But I guess my old iMac can’t cope with it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ah yeah it wouldn’t. Especially if you’ve already got a few.

1 Like