Example of a Good Track Description before you Post Your Music

I was thinking the plate from Soundtoys exactly! I just got the complete bundle, and that one was one of my favorites. Cutting everything in the lows from the output of the reverb, and then dialing it in to taste can add that amazing shimmer and depth, even on the mix bus! :wink:

1 Like

Oh yes, I LOVE ChromaVerb, I feel it get’s under-recognized, the “distance” knob is something I wished every reverb plugin had :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Aha yeah. I personally love the modulation element. It runs a good sound into a fantastic sounding! :smiley:

Having said that Valhalla is suuuper good for the price. Only had it a month and find myself using it everywhere.

1 Like

I just seen your first comment. Doh!

Yeah the only 2 plugins im looking at are the mini plate (as I’ve used it in a studio and liked it a lot) and the echo boy.

1 Like

I can’t write music like that, also sounds a bit dark but I guess that’s your goal. Needs to be in a film. The beginning of this song sound like how I felt on the first day of the lockdown. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

New to this forum and excited to be a part of this. Really like the multiple counter melodies in this track, thanks for sharing and for the example descriptions!

2 Likes

Great to have you join us Randy, welcome! :slight_smile:
And thank you for your kind words. I wanted, as the founder of this community, to show what I consider to be a valuable and insightful track description. I have run several Facebook groups, and sadly 95% of people posting tracks do so with a very lazy, short and “listen to my new track and tell me what you think” type of description. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Good stuff Mike. You are very talented.

1 Like

Thank you, and remember the main point of this post is to show how and why an insightful description adds value to fellow composers even before listening to the track. Which is a rule when posting music for feedback. All other Facebook groups and forums I’ve been on are bombarded with lazy ‘check out my track and let me know what you think’ posts. I wanted to show and implement a better way to do it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wonderful structure. In some ways it reminds me of William’s THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK march.

There’s a swagger to this that has a kick ass quality to it. Brassy of course but that’s appropriate.

The evil here is actually fun to listen to. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Charlie

1 Like

Your composition nails your intended visual - although if I didn’t read your description I could also see it working for a sort of Space Pirates march in a dystopian sci-fi thriller. I think that came from certain parts having a Star Wars and Pirates of the Caribbean vibe for brief moments.

A very great piece, great work.

1 Like