Ennio Morricone has left us

One of the greatest film composers ever in my humble opinion, has sadly left us now. He scored 500 films and TV series in an over 50 year long career. What do you remember best of this musical/artistic mastermind?

5 Likes

Very sad he died, i just read about it this morning too.

Soundtrack of “Once upon a time”, was one of his best i think. Exactly this soundtrack made this movie so perfect as it is.

3 Likes

Veeeery sad with this tragical new. There is no doubt that he was one the most important film music creators. He showed us how beautifull music enhances a movie.

3 Likes

For me I remember his music first through the Westerns naturally but then as a saxophonist with the local concert band I played the arrangement “A moment for Morricone” 8minutes of pure magic! it always went down well with the audience. Playing in the middle of the band in full flight is not an experience that ever leaves you. Glad to have played his music and shared the emotions that he so lovingly crafted into his peices. Brassical - Moment for Morricone this is the clip played by 7 brass players well worth a watch
 and listen.

4 Likes

I remember Morricones concert tour in 2019 and the performance of “The Ecstacy of Gold”. This is a video from the performance when Morricones wonderful music was played live. :heart:

2 Likes

One of the greatest.

4 Likes

It is truly a sad time. May his works live on.

2 Likes

One of the greatest .Sad to hear the news. The Good The Bad and the Ugly is my favourite

2 Likes

As a trumpetist I’m extremely fond of Ennio Morricone’s spaghetti western themes with excellent trumpet solos, like the trio from the good, the bad & the ugly, second theme from a fistful of dollars and the theme from la resa dei conti.

Otherwise my favorite song from him is Deborah’s theme from Once upon a time in america. He has lots of very good songs though, a rarity in my music taste.

2 Likes