Dragon Warrior End Title - game music orchestration

Genre/Style: Orchestral Video Game Music

Creative Vision for the Track: This is another piece that I’m orchestrating from the 1986 NES game Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest). It was composed by Koichi Sugiyama who has done all the Dragon Quest games. It begins similar to the opening title and it’s a pretty standard old NES end title. It does have some beautiful chords in the B section that I tried to expand upon. I also tried to vary the style from section to section to add interest and keep things progressing. It’s a cross between Classical, Jazz, Baroque, and March.

Composition Details (Tempo, Key, Main Chords etc): It’s in C and is mostly around 110 bpm but the opening fanfare is much slower and I used the tempo track to add some subtle and some not-so-subtle ritards.

Main Instruments used:
Spitfire BBCSO
Spitfire Drumline
EastWest Hollywood Orchestra
Sforzando Harpsichord

1 Like

I like it !!!
I don’t know the original music, but you managed to truly recreate a melody from the games of that time.

I think only the buss drum at 1:29 is too loud. But the music is very funny !!!

Great job !!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks! You’re probably right about that bass drum. I was trying out a marching band bass drum for that section because I wanted something tighter than the orchestra bass drum, but I think I left it a little too hot.

Good job again lots of good orchestration and balancing. You defiantly got good skills :slight_smile:

1 Like