Demo incoming for Chris Hein's Orchestral Brass and Winds

Hi fellow composers,
I wanted to let you know that I’m working on an orchestral mockup for the Uncharted Theme to showcase some of the instruments from Chris Hein’s libraries (brass and winds). I think I will finish editing the video and publish it on my YT Channel next sunday, in case any of you is interested I will share it here

2 Likes

Love the music in uncharted - looking forward to hearing the demo :+1: Could you post up a link to your channel?

Hi Phil! Sure, here’s the link to my YouTube Channel

Absolutely, that is what this section is for in the forum: demos and reviews of sample libraries, plugins etc. Looking forward to your demo as I have been interested in Chris Hein libraries :slight_smile:

PS. Please update your profile to include your real name, as I created this forum as a fellowship of composers. I want every member to be able to address everyone by their first name. :slight_smile:

If it doesn’t bother you, I’d rather go with my aka. I understand your reasons, but I’m trying to build a brand, my aka in unique, my real name isn’t

I see, well then at least add your first name and add your brand name in parenthesis. :wink:
I made this one of the main rules of the community to show at least your first name, for many reasons. The only exceptions are brand partners (Developers etc.).

Fair enough, change my profile as you suggessted. I’ll share the link to the video next week, once it’s uploaded

1 Like

Ah, thank you very much. I really want to have this community as much “friendship” focused as possible. Now, all of sudden just by you adding your first name I recognize you from the Facebook group. At first I did not. Big difference! :smiley:

I am really looking forward to that video, Chris Hein’s instrument libraries get very little demos and videos online for some reason =/

I feel that it’s because there’s not enough “honest” demos on YouTube and they’re not “aggresively” market as other libraries. As a consequence nobody wants to invest the money (they’re affordable, but not cheap) hence, there’s nobody making new demos. It’s a loop

Yes I suppose those are factors that might contribute, btw you will do demos of brass and winds, not strings?

No, I don’t own the strings library. Back when I purchased brass and winds he recently released Solo Strings and a few months later came Strings Ensemble. I don’t know if I’m going to play it safe and use Symphony Collections’ Strings or test my new Session Strings Pro template. Maybe I’ll do both, if I have enough time

2 Likes

Ok folks, I finished the Mockup yesterday. I’ve uploaded the video, it will be available tomorrow at 12;30 (CET) at this link.
Since I have 12+ hours of video documenting the whole process, I was editing it, in order to upload only the highlits, reducing the video lenght considerably… but somebody at home must have touched my computer, made a change in the timeline without knowing it and when I noticed it and tried to fix it, my video editing software (Shotcut) crashed on me, making a backup save of the last modification (the one that messed up 6+ hours of work).
If I manage to get up to speed with DaVinci Resolve, I hope I can get it out by wednesday, but I can’t guarantee I’ll make it.
Too bad, this sort of “Behind the scenes video” could have been really good for judging Chris Hein’s Libraries.

List of instruments used:
Chris Hein Orchestral Winds (C-Flute 1 & 2, Piccolo, Oboe 1, English Horn, Bb Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Bassoon, Contrabassoon);
Chris Hein Orchestral Brass (French Horn Ensemble, Trumpet 1, Trumpet Ensemble, Trombone Ensemble, Trombone 3);
Symphony Collection Woodwinds Solo (Oboe, Bb Clarinet, Bassoon);
Symphony Collection Brass Solo (Horn 2, Tuba);
Symphony Collection Percussion (Cymbal 1, Shakers, Timpani, Bass Drum 1);
Discovery Series Cuba (Congas);
The Grandeur Piano;
8Dio Requiem Pro (Sustain Women Vowels, Sustain Men Vowels);
Session Strings Pro (Sections 1&2 Violins Production, Sections 3&4 Violins Production, Sections 1&2 ViolasProduction, Sections 1&2 Cellos Production, Sections 1&2 Basses Production);

1 Like

Video went live just now. I have no idea why YouTube didn’t make it public at the agreed time. Anyway, it’s available now