Dark contest track: Amok

Well, it’s pretty sloppy. You know what they say about those things you can’t polish… I could maybe do something with it. But it still takes me a lot of time really write a track, and this was kind of last minute.

I was originally going to transition from a dark piano track to a full orchestra, but I was having trouble picking the right chords to go over my pattern. Going back I would create a longer buildup. I would also cut the last part of the chord progression, where there’s a sort of stabbing type pattern. And maybe bring it in later.

I also was playing around learning Ark ! and how to layer the right brass and string staccatos. I love the sound of the low staccato strings, but they get muddy fast, and I guess playing fast notes in the low end like that, doesn’t usually work. I was hoping that layering in some accents would help, but I still have to do a lot of playing around with the puzzle of making that work.

I kind of like the way the distorted piano plays with the strings at about 1:36. But I can hear way too much distortion on the piano intervals before that.

I didn’t have a clear vision for this track, as it was kind of rushed and I was experimenting. What does it sound like to you?

Hope there’s a spot or two that you enjoy :slight_smile: Thank you for listening. I’ll be sure to check out the other tracks later today.

[Posted in the wrong place last night.]

Write the soundcloud link on it’s own paragraph anywhere in the post, and it will embed. :slight_smile:
And make the post title = track title

1 Like