Dark / Action Music - Deadly Encounter

Genre/Style: Dark/Action Music

Creative Vision for the Track:Driven by the movie film “The Knowing” I wrote my music with this end-time drama in my mind The music does not tell the story of the movie. The story I invented is different but the feel is the same. There is no escape and this time the earth will be hit and destroy by a drifting little planet. This is an invented story.

Composition Details (Tempo, Key, Main Chords etc): tempo is 140 bpm, signature 4/4, Chords Cminor, Ostinato in the strings, percussion groove, Pedaltone in the doublebass, Sustain note from bends trombones, percussive Brass hits, a group violins play staccto notes with a lot of dissoanances shift to different chord extensions- this is the suspense mood working.
The piece begins soft und quiet , then it increases the strength, in the middle is the climax and then the composition decrease step by step.

Main Instruments used: mostly strings divided in the parts: ostinato, Staccato motifs and embellishment; further more percussion and soundeffects, heavy Horns give the sound more bite.

Deadly Encounter

Deadly Encounter Version II

Hope you will enjoy the piece and feel free to comment and to say what you think about the piece.

Klaus Ferretti

Very suspenseful and would work well in an apocalyptic I really liked the stressful horns they work so well (also the sort of dissonant ones). Just one thing I would have done is to try and have a smoother ending as it stops quite suddenly. But overall great job!
Regards,
Alexis

1 Like

Hi, Klaus - Hmm. Earth Destroyed by a drifting planet ? That must be Nibiru!

I enjoyed version 2 more - it seems more polished.

From my listener-reference end, some of the downward string runs, especially, sounded … not quite real to my ears. Were the runs programmed midi notes against a spiccato/staccato patch, or was it something akin to Albion where it’s sampled runs of notes upon entry of one midi note?

I could definitely hear this being played upon Nibiru’s return. Especially those horns. Loved them!

Thanks for your questioning comment. Sure, it is a instrument plugin I use and I always play on my midi keyboard. I do not use ready midi samples. or I press one note and then it come out a row/runs of notes upwards or downwards.

The Story behind the music is invented. It is more fiction and describes no real event in the past or in the future. “Nibiru” is a conspiracy theory. It is about a planet who crosses unseen our solar system and will hit out earth. In last decades, according to the exponents of this unprovable theory it was several times reported that Nibiru will strike our earth but several times again and again nothing does happen. I am not a supporter of such theory.

I like this; very tense opening that builds to an exciting adventure through the jumpy textures.

Which libraries are you using? The sweeping brass sounds are awesome.

Ciaran McGrath
thanks for your comment. I used cinematic studio strings, majestica, Evolve, Lea betucci Sounds, Damage, Metropolis 2.