Cubase 11 shortcuts

Hi people. I wonder if some Cubase 11 users in here know anything about this:

Is it possible to get optional controller lane, say modulation, to open with a shortcut key?

How about you @olofson? You use Cubase right?

I don’t think you can do that.
When I try do a new key command I use search in the key commands prompt or how to say.
When I hover over the + It says create controller lane but there doesn’t seem to be such a term in the prompt.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks for looking in to it. I was afraid it wouldn´t be possible.

I haven’t looked deeply into this yet, but I certainly will, now that I’ve started working more with modeled instruments. (2-5 controller lanes with continuous data…) Can’t seem to find any shortcuts for specifically adding controller lanes - BUT, there are 16 “Controller Lane Setup X” shortcuts. You configure these setups by adding whatever lanes you want, and then “Add Preset…” in the “down arrow” menu, and then you can assign the aforementioned shortcuts to load these presets.
cubase-lane-presets

Oh, and of course, there is the “Show Used Controllers” for when you actually have the data recorded already, and just want to show it.

1 Like

Yes of course. I didn´t get it at first. Now I´ve added some presets and just use the alt+L shortcut to open the lanes. It would have been nice though with a direct shortcut from nothing to the preferred lane. Must say I love Cubase 11. I really like Studio one too but for me Cubase is more flawless. And easier on my system. @StephanLindsjo

1 Like

How is it going with your modeled instruments? Will you submit something with them this month?

1 Like

It’s been a bit slow lately, and there have been some distractions as well (another 2HAC, followed by a gamedev jam where we used tracks from the 2HAC), but I’ve been thinking about doing a strings ensemble piece using modeled instruments, and maybe some real violin and cello parts.

1 Like

Exciting. Looking forward to it.

1 Like