I rebooted and it got better not perfect. Nothing serious just anoying.
Hey! Frequency 2 actually has one sidechain input per band. (That is, you could have different bands ducking based on separate sources within one F2 instance.) I don’t think I have any other dynamic EQs or similar that can do that. (Pro-Q 3 and Pro-MB only support a single sidechain input, AFAICT.)
(Can’t access that file.) Anyway, it might be an idea to start Cubase in “failsafe” mode, with plugins disabled, to see if it’s one of those. Sometimes, it’s also obvious from status line in the flash window which plugin is responsible for delays, as initialization will stall on those - but that depends on the callback/state in which the offending plugin is having problems.
I´m sure it´s me missing something obvious.
It´s not a complaint about Cubase. For me Cubase has been the most stable daw of those I tried. Second have been Studio one.
Hmm… Well, that’s interesting. I tried with and without HiDPI mode, and various sorts of window sizing abuse, but just can’t seem to create that situation. AFAICT, those lanes are not supposed to be able to do that, as they just autoscale to size, so that’s probably a bug.
Thank you for taking a look. Well this things tend to be solved over time.
Regarding stem export - I need to set up a test with no modulating effects and compare non-real-time to real-time exports with automation and lots of dsp - and another for MIDI timing. Because the feature is compelling but only if the non-real-time bounce is consistent. I’ve had some issues in other DAW’s along those lines.
Also: I’ve been retooling my track visibility workflow. It’s essential to be able to show and hide in a session with this many instruments, and I’d been doing it with visibility configurations for sections, triggered with key commands and by remote apps on the iPad like Composer Tools Pro or TouchOSC - but there are only 12 configurations you can trigger that way. So I’ve been using the fact that my tracks have prefixes in their names (SMS for SampleModeling Strings, for example) to make Project Logical Editor Presets (PLEPs. How catchy) that can toggle between showing or hiding tracks based on the name. This is somewhat more flexible than the other way, because if I need to look at SM Strings and also AM Woodwinds, I can do so with two keystrokes. (Because you can assign keystrokes to PLEPs.) So in TouchOSC, which can send keystrokes, I have a page that is just buttons for toggling instruments visible or not. And some of my PLEPs show combinations - my “band” one shows drum kits (all but one disabled), two basses and six guitars. Very very useful.