Cubase 10.5 released

Steinberg released today its new .5 update for Cubase bringing Cubase to 10.5

All the new features can be found here: https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/new-features/

Everything working smooth here and loving the new smart tool and spectral comparison EQ!

4 Likes

Yep, yet again, theyā€™ve added a bunch of features Iā€™ve been missing on a regular basis. Obvious upgrade.

2 Likes

yes very is a lot good news in this update, let get it if you have cubase

1 Like

Such a shame that they charge to update every time :frowning_face:

With them updating a bit more often recently, I wonder if a subscription model is in the works (like AVID)ā€¦

1 Like

Well, they all have to make money, one way or anotherā€¦ Iā€™d much rather have optional paid updates like these, over most subscription models - in particular those implemented by Waves and Avid, for example, which are outright abusive, especially if you only use their stuff every once in a while. (I donā€™t even do that now, and Iā€™ll likely abandon both Waves and Pro Tools entirely, if I donā€™t absolutely have to use them for collaborations or something.)

1 Like

Donā€™t get me wrong, I wasnā€™t encouraging subscription models - just pondering whether it was in the works for Cubase / Steinberg.

And Iā€™m not bashing them for charging for updates. I just mean that itā€™s a ā€œshameā€ because it puts off a lot of people from moving over from other DAWs with free updates (i.e. Logic).

So the ā€œshameā€ is that some people may be put off making the leap to Cubase.

Yeah, I wouldnā€™t be surprised, as itā€™s a widely ā€œacceptedā€ approach these days, unfortunatelyā€¦ :-/

Well, thatā€™s a complicated problem, I thinkā€¦ Of course, some people will whine about everything being too expensive no matter what, but never mind those; thatā€™s a a lost cause. However, I can certainly understand that having to pay for updates for something that already costs a few $hundred in the first place can put people off. OTOH, adjusting the price to compensate for free upgrades would probably not result in a well received price point either. I donā€™t envy the sales people having to make these decisionsā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like

Video export and the EQ compare feature are worth it for me, they just need a dynamic EQ built in and I can stop using neutron.

1 Like

Well, I use FabFilter Pro-Q3 for advanced/dynamic/surgical EQ (nothing really comes close to it, IMHO), but I do use the strip EQ for ā€œnormalā€ mix adjustments, as itā€™s nice and handy when flicking between tracks. The compare feature should make it even more useful in that context, as (I assume?) itā€™s automatically aware of all the other tracks, without manually inserting EQ instances on them.

1 Like

Itā€™d be really nice to be able use the channel EQ more as I normally have hundreds of tracks and it gets laborious adding plugins to everything when I just need something quick and surgical. Also means I can see EQ across lots of track at once in the mixer view.

Iā€™m still using mainly the Slate bundle for my broad ā€˜musicalā€™ EQ changes but Iā€™m liking where the channel EQ is headed. Dynamic EQ would be great and maybe even EQ matching, like in the bundled curve EQ.

2 Likes