Contest - Christmas Time

Merry Christmas everyone, Unfortunately, I did not manage to submit my orchestral piece in time for the date of Christmas Eve. But now it’s there. I chose a very classic way of Christmas music for myself. However, I refrained from orchestrating popular Christmas carols, even though I woven two very small motifs from two famous Christmas carols. The melody that I created for this orchestral work sounds like Christmas and is - so it concerns me - fictitious. I chose the classical instruments of an orchestra. The piece sounds in F major although I make various other keys sound. The piece is mostly written in 3/4 time, but 4/4 time occurs. The formal sequence changes from calm melodic passages with polyphonic structures to very powerful sounds.

4 Likes

beautiful music for a film fragment

1 Like

Nice work Klaus. As @VSHDEL said, it’s very ‘soundtrackable’ :grin: What sample libraries did you use for this?

1 Like

Ark 2 , cinematic studio strings, True strikes, cinesamples horns and forzo

1 Like

Good piece, Klaus. Not a carol in itself but it has a christmas feeling like a layer of snow. Some moments it is like an action scene for a santa movie :santa:

1 Like